Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Painted the work truck. 56k warning

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Well, my work truck has been in need of some fresh paint ever since I bought it. The nasty green that was on it was faded and flat. I figured while things were slow, I might as well go ahead and get it taken care of, so I used up some leftover paint and shot it. My business cards and all of my advertising has been basically blue and white, so I stuck with that theme for the truck.

Before-

DSCF1317.jpg

After-

DSC06429.jpg

DSC06443.jpg

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i hate you... i just do..

great work!! great frkn work!!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Thanks guys. It was a quickee job with just leftover paint. The blue was a dark blue that I had less than a quart of, so I mixed it with some silver and came up with what was on there. I'm not sure I like the white wheels, but I'll leave them for a little while and decide.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
The rack wasn't designed for that year bed. Before my old employer bought that truck (new in 97) the rack was on a mid 70's Ford. With the filler door on it, you can barely get it open enough to fuel up, and some pump nozzles won't fit at all. I took the door off, so I can re fuel easier.

If you notice in the top pic, you'll see what I'm talking about.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
seriously tony.....that looks GREAT!!! i really need to go down to florida so you can paint my truck grabber green

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
haha make it next September and im there! ill be going to florida then for about a week

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Ha....me takin a shower won't cause my tire not to rip the sidewall in half though will it...that's ALL Bradenton. I put street tires on it last week anyways....looks like a gasser.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Tony,

Did you use lacquer or enamel (I'am guessing enamel), and was it a single stage, 2-stage or tri-stage system?

Also do you have a booth or did you just use your garage?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts