Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Original Bucket Seats in a 1979 F150 / Pictures

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Don't think so Tex...if you wanted Buckets, you would need to source them from a Bronco or Econoline.

Cool well I guess i'll have to find me a junk bronco :D

those are from a early 80s bronco i picked up a set with the console from a parts truck going into my sc so the wife dont complain about her back on the long trips found a place on evil bay that sells the reto fit original uphosltery in cloth or vinyl waiting for samples the fellow spent a lot of time makeing a frame that the seats/console is bolted to and then he used the original bench seat track so the original holes work 10 min to change from buckets to bench

You could get buckets on a Super Cab. Back in the late 60's early 70's (67-72 bumpside truck series), you could get bucket seats in a regular cab from the factory. It seems strange that Ford would have dropped the option for the 73-79 series? I have seen mentions of the bucket seat option in the Ford Truck Body/Electrical Shop Manual but it does not specify "Super
Cab" only? There is a chance that these buckets are factory installed or maybe even dealer installed? It looks as if they were at least installed around the time the truck was new? Did any other Fords around 79'-80' use bucket seats like these?

those are from a early 80s bronco i picked up a set with the console from a parts truck going into my sc so the wife dont complain about her back on the long trips found a place on evil bay that sells the reto fit original uphosltery in cloth or vinyl waiting for samples the fellow spent a lot of time makeing a frame that the seats/console is bolted to and then he used the original bench seat track so the original holes work 10 min to change from buckets to bench

Never mind smiliewhathesaid

After looking at the picture of the seat they look like what was used in an E-series van.

Ford Truck Articles