Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Oil cooling

I was think about an external oil cooler. what is the beat way to do it.
I using the top of my oil cap for by-pass and soon oil pressure gauge.
any ideas where to tap it from. or is the oil cap the best spot for it.
Thanks John

Never mind. I look at the Bible and the cap is the only place. oh well.

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Never mind. I look at the Bible and the cap is the only place. oh well.
The only other place is behind the filter housing, down low. One of the sensors is oil temp, one is oil pressure. The cap is much easier tho.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
For oil pressure, I put a T-fitting on my bypass filter out port and used it for pressure. That way I know I have pressure and I know if I have a problem with my bypass filter too.

Here's a pic: Click for bigger version.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
the factory oil cooler is the best for your truck. it has the best flow of oil and the coolest coolant possible. both ports are like 5/8 in opening. i believe you would be wasting your money

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
For oil pressure, I put a T-fitting on my bypass filter out port and used it for pressure. That way I know I have pressure and I know if I have a problem with my bypass filter too.

Hey Todd, whose bypass oil filter are you running?

Gald I was only thinking about it. I want this to be the last New truck I buy.
Now I'll think about some other way to help it last a long time.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Gotcha thanks for the replyYelloThumbUp

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member

DOH!! My bad, I meant that the oil pressure sensor is T'd into the IN port of the filter housing. DUH!! There ain't no pressure on the out side!!

Ford Truck Articles