Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Colors

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
LOVE the new colors of Blue and Black. That Brown just wasn't all that great. Thanks to whomever picked these new ones!!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
aha! so you guys do like it? I might build around it.

Ryan

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Is that blue and black? Or black 'n blue? 'hah'

I prefered the mustardo, but considering I own a 1963 Rose Beige Galaxie 500XL, that should say it all. Rose Beige for the un-initiated is...Pink.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Ummm...men call that salmon or something like that.

I drive an arizona beige explorer. Look at my choice of colors....
silly.gif
See, it's whatever floats your boat. Salmon isn't what Rose Beige looks like. Salmon is a cross between a pastel brown and pink. Rose Beige is a darker pink. AZ Beige was the newer Eddie Bauer accent color originally. I prefered the previous Eddie Bauer accent color which was less of a pastel and more of a brown. I forget what the Ford paint name was. Mebbe Desert Sand??

Just so everyone knows...I did not choose the color of this explorer. I was looking for a 2001 (not 2002 IRS), 4 door, 4.0 SOHC, 5R55E, 4.10 trac-lock, control track, 4x4.

The sport package had the gearing I wanted, plus 255/70/16 tires, fender flares, and step bars.

I found this one over in OK (loaded!) after searching the net in AR, MO, TN, TX, and OK. It was the cheapest one with what I wanted. I am not fond of the color.:headbang:

Now Yesterday I KNOW I saw that logo fixed. Today the old one is back, What's up?
If you are gonna stay with the black, you need to soften the edges on your buttons, like the post reply one. Just upload it into your paintshop and use the "buttonize" feature to adjust the efftects, then reload it to the css replacing the old name

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Now I'm Diggin It!!!!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Black n Blue looks great. Also the new banner is good looking. Now I know why Ryan spent a day fixing his bumper. lol

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Personally, I prefered the mustardo. What we have now is sooo monochromatic. Black, blue, grey, yawn. Where's the bright colors?

bright colors are hard on the eyes! I say three cheers to Ryan! Hip! Hip!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(crickets chirping)

Greatness is so underappreciated, isn't it, Ryan?

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
but the black is also growing on me.
Ryan
Lava Soap will cure that, too many applications will strip off the skin tho.

Young 'uns...(sigh) brought up in a monochromatic world. Y'all prolly like the battlecruiser grey interiors they put in all the stuff today, too. To me, it resembles mouse fur. Blah...

the black is also growing on me.

Ryan
So, since this is the third set of Colors, you might say, this is "Rattlecan 3". Spidey had some black growing on HIM in "spiderman 3" as well... could be the same influence...

Ford Truck Articles