Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Mmmmmm......if it's real....wow.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Copied from the ad:
1979 Ford F-250 Super Cab!

3,944 Actual Original Miles

Owned by original buyer for over 20 years!

6.6L 400 V8

Newest Ford truck you will ever find!

Lots of original documents like the build sheet!

All Original!

Super Clean Paint and Interior! Looks Brand New!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Is the black paint under the hood normal and the way it came from the factory?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
s-l1600.jpg

328.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
523.jpg

810.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
IMG_1574.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Also, what are those covers above the wheels on the back?

Some pictures show them, some don't....is that something you can just take on and off?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Also, what are those covers above the wheels on the back?

Some pictures show them, some don't....is that something you can just take on and off?

xx96.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
The black under the hood is defnitiely not factory, but maybe could be rust protection, but I have never seen it just on the sides.

It is nice looking, but I have a very difficult time believing somebody bought it and then barely ever drove it all these years. Also, the entire underbody was just shot, look around where they welded the hitch on. Also, if the paint were original, then how did all that rust get on everywhere else? Just a number things I am seeing that says no, not that low of miles. Nice restoration maybe.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm not a believer that it's original either. While not a fool proof way, but typically, if one of these odo's have been rolled, the numbers won't align, like in his pic...and the brake pedal wear tells me more than 4,000 miles too. As pointed out, the undercarriage looks worse than a 4k rig, I wouldn't imagine the rust at the seams would be there either, and I think the black paint in the engine bay is there to hide sins. Clean truck for sure, but I'd bet it's 104k that's gotten one helluva detail.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh...and those wheel skirts are the first I've ever seen for a 73-79 truck...can't tell if I love them or hate them yet.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
It looks like the speedometer and gas gauge have been changed out, since the needles are a lighter color, which is indicative of the earlier style gauge cluster pointers. But it's hard to tell because of the camera angle/light conditions.

Ken, I think those fender skirts just snap into place. I don't care for them. I also wonder why the buck tag under the hood has two different colors of paint on it- red and black.

Also, also, the arm rest on the door looks to be a different shade of red than the rest of the door. But still a very nice truck

He might have trouble selling a 2WD for that price.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Also, also, the arm rest on the door looks to be a different shade of red than the rest of the door. But still a very nice truck

That was another big one I noticed...those armrests looked pretty crappy for only 4k of use.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Dang!! That's unbelievable! Those rear wheel well covers are a after market item Ken, they are easily taken off and put on again. I don't care for them myself. Not sure what to make of the engine compartment paint, never seen that before. My old Ford was all orange through out, including the original paint codes still on the underside hood and fenders. It sure is a time capsule for sure!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The black under the hood is defnitiely not factory, but maybe could be rust protection, but I have never seen it just on the sides.

It is nice looking, but I have a very difficult time believing somebody bought it and then barely ever drove it all these years. Also, the entire underbody was just shot, look around where they welded the hitch on. Also, if the paint were original, then how did all that rust get on everywhere else? Just a number things I am seeing that says no, not that low of miles. Nice restoration maybe.

Every now and then, something like this pops up and, like you, I have a hard time believing someone would buy a truck brand new and never drive it.

I'm not a believer that it's original either. While not a fool proof way, but typically, if one of these odo's have been rolled, the numbers won't align, like in his pic...and the brake pedal wear tells me more than 4,000 miles too. As pointed out, the undercarriage looks worse than a 4k rig, I wouldn't imagine the rust at the seams would be there either, and I think the black paint in the engine bay is there to hide sins. Clean truck for sure, but I'd bet it's 104k that's gotten one helluva detail.

Good catches Ben.

Oh...and those wheel skirts are the first I've ever seen for a 73-79 truck...can't tell if I love them or hate them yet.

I'm not liking them....for now. Didn't know they were ever an option.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
It looks like the speedometer and gas gauge have been changed out, since the needles are a lighter color, which is indicative of the earlier style gauge cluster pointers. But it's hard to tell because of the camera angle/light conditions.

Ken, I think those fender skirts just snap into place. I don't care for them. I also wonder why the buck tag under the hood has two different colors of paint on it- red and black.

Again, not much gets past you guys....more good catches....and agreed on the 2wd.

Dang!! That's unbelievable! Those rear wheel well covers are a after market item Ken, they are easily taken off and put on again. I don't care for them myself. Not sure what to make of the engine compartment paint, never seen that before. My old Ford was all orange through out, including the original paint codes still on the underside hood and fenders. It sure is a time capsule for sure!

Oh ok....and yeah, Roger mentioned above that he doesn't think the hoods ever come that way from the factory.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Man you guys are good.....this is why I won't buy another rig without consulting with you all first!

After a closer look and reading your guys' feedback:

-I see that engine bay tag black overspray.

-The underbody was definitely just painted (again to hide rust most likely) - you can see it on the trailer hitch and gas tanks where they painted around it.

-The arm rests are a dead giveaway....there's no way that's how it looked from the factory.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Wow. that's a lot of undercoating on there.
wonder what's hiding under it?

Not black paint under the hood, someone went wild with the undercoating

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts