Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

looks like im getting a new truck.

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
im not loyal to any brand. ive worked on and driven too many to like just one. if i was just a ford guy i would have never driven a 1977 celica GT (my dream car.......i really miss that one). if i was only a toyota guy i would have never driven my friend's '80s Trans Am, man that thing could handle! i just like 4 wheels and a good time.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Why do ya want a half ton for plowin.
It will work just fine. Put some weight in the bed and you are fine. I plow snow with an 88 Bronco with no weight on the back and it works great. You don't necessarily need a 1 ton to plow.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
As long as the civic had a 6" tailpipe and a "pimpin" sticker on the back, its OK.

Well actually the car was kinda mauve and ghey...it was my gf's car, and had pink stickers and girl stuff all over it and in it. You shoulda seen how many cars that had rainbow stickers on their bumper would pass me and give me a thumbs up....'smiliedoh'

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
It will work just fine. Put some weight in the bed and you are fine. I plow snow with an 88 Bronco with no weight on the back and it works great. You don't necessarily need a 1 ton to plow.

Yeah...for a driveway plow that's all he'll need.

*I don't know much about Chevys...but I know more about that bodystyle than any other. Am I remembering right that the '79s still had a D44 front end rather than the GM 8.25 that came under them later?

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
yea I'm not going into business plowing, its just something nice to have when needed, thanks guys, I thought you were really getting upset with me there for a minute?? and Ben, don't worry about it it is no big deal, it was just a project I was toying with, nothing I need

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Nah. I would drive it LOL. I like those body style Chevys. I used to drive a Dodge and honestly did less work to it then my F100 and the Dodge had way more miles. I don't get why anyone would get mad at you LOL.

One of the guys i work with is selling both of his 79s. One stock with a 351m. the other one. the one i want of course
79 f150
4 spd
400 bored over, flat top pistons etc etc
6 inch lift
40s
dana 70 rear
dana 60 front.
divorce tcase

An F-150 with a D60 front? Did he mod the 60 to fit with coil springs or did he convert it to leafs?

Ah something else I see, a divorced T-case. You better check the VIN number on the frame, I doubt it is going to match the door. It sounds like a put together truck by the seller.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
An F-150 with a D60 front? Did he mod the 60 to fit with coil springs or did he convert it to leafs?

Ah something else I see, a divorced T-case. You better check the VIN number on the frame, I doubt it is going to match the door. It sounds like a put together truck by the seller.

x2...but I wasn't gonna say anything.

x2...but I wasn't gonna say anything.

Well you know me Ben I don't mind saying what is right or wrong. I'm not here to hurt anyone's feelings.

Ben that other crewcab thread, no F-150 crew, only 250's. They do list an F-350 crew but it is listed as an F37P VIN. F37 is a chassis setup so no bed on it, also 2wd. I was in a hurry posting that day and jumped the gun.

Last edited:

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok

yessir he built it.

leafs

He mud raced it a little bit, kinda like rob from Iowa. says hes still gotta put gears in the front axle. Running 5.14sin the rear setup for 40s, he "says" it will be like 3.73s once it reaches the ground. That and paint is all it needs.I think im going to go look at it this weekend. That and his other one.

Talking about trading my truck straight across for both of them, because he wants to build a baja truck.

and as far as rick said.
I was thinking about buying a 70s camaro, trans am, firebird etc. just cause i could.

Last edited:
Just make sure you know what your getting for a VIN number. Make sure it matches the title.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
Its in good shape as far as i know. Hes putting the stock 351 for it right now. Going in this week that we have off.

You wouldnt happen to be near FOCO would ya?

yes im in gillette. The trucks are in sheridan, where dan lives somewhere..

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yes fort collins, you mean laporte, sorry i hang out alot in foco

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
Actually, I meant waayy north of Fort Collins... my address is technically Wellington, but we're northwest of town about 20 min. - only about 12 miles from the Wyo. border.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
oh ok. Got ya. the only thing i know of that far that way is a sign that says Abbey

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts