Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

List your mods.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
no, the emissions!

Ryan

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
How 'bout the fact that it's a federal crime?

I don't really give a damn, it just never seemed all that smart to brag about in a public forum...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
How 'bout the fact that it's a federal crime?

I don't really give a damn, it just never seemed all that smart to brag about in a public forum...
I know it's a crime to tamper with the emissions equipment but the cat was clogged :)rofl:), not to mention it was in the way of my transfer case bolts when I needed to remove them.

I still have 1 cat and I'm about 99% sure that I'm not emitting more than the legal amount of emissions in CA. I already have 2 new cats ready to put in my truck, whenever I get around to it.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
1990 F150
- 17x9s - 275/65R17s - All corners
- Custom blue over black paint
- Black dyed interior/carpet
- MSD cap/rotor, wires, NGKs, coil (box and pro billet distributor eventually)
- Flowtech longtubes - into a 3 inch crimp bent ugly true-dual exhaust.. sounds hot though - soon to be replaced with 2 1/4" mandrel fitted up nice.
- New alpine headunit, two 12" earthquakes behind the seat, amp, shitty 5.25" speakers (one crackles) soon to be replaced.
- A pillar pod with autometer phantoms (oil psi, water temp)

Some semi mild revs, hey I got neighbors, ok? :p Turn it up for full effect.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bvzKXF6UrV8

Last edited:

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I couldn't tell you if my seat goes any farther back, this system was installed by the previous owner.. but I can drive comfortably so I'm not too worried about it. I'm 6'3 or 6'4 so now you've got me wondering, but I love my bass. It's nice and loud/clean.. although I've heard way louder. If this means anything to you at peak it's about 135 db's, at least that's what this little pos reader says. Oh and no clue about how deep they are, I'd have a look but it's sunday and I'm lazy.

The seat is right against the box, so it's very possible I have more room than I think.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
oh, okay. I designed my own box to take up every last 1/4" in the back without the seat having to move up. I bet it's forward one notch. The back of the magnet is BARELY not touching the MDF backing.

Ryan

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Well do you have measurements of the box? Like.. distance from the back of the box to the foremost point on the bottom? That'd be a measurement that I could check easily. Even if you have measurements of your subs.. I'll get around to measuring mine eventually. Especially since I'm planning on getting some alpine type-r's but I'll have to figure out if they'll fit.

That is quite a way down the list, though. Lol.

Edit: Just went and checked.. it went back another notch from where it was in that pic so now it is right against it. Actually, now that I think of it.. if you have or could snap a pic from the top of your seatback to the back of the cab that'd be easiest to see from I would think.

Last edited:

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
So does yours sit above the part that comes up with the rear-cab mounting bolts (think that's what they are) or does it have a recession for that built into the box? Yours almost looks like its sitting down lower than mine unless... wait, you're missing the upper trim? Still looks more narrow at the top..

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Mine is just sitting on the ground. I chose not to extend it up that far. It would have been a lot harder to cut and would have added a negligable amount of air space. They're down about as low as they can go (about 1.5" from the base) and barely miss the back board.

I didn't have to dodge any bolts, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Ryan

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I love my ass. It's nice and clean, although I've heard that's what this little reader says. Oh and no clue about how deep it is, I'd have a look but it's sunday and I'm lazy.

I have more room than I think.
:rofl: Thank GOD you're not like this guy Chris!!

I'm so sorry(NOT), I just couldn't resist!!:nana:

Ford Truck Articles