Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Liquid clay bar.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
that's fancy. I'd like to know if it works. I once used the actual clay bar treatment, and it took forever.

Ryan

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
The lazy mans way to detailing, you might like the results till you run your paw over the finish. And if it took someone forever using a clay bar, I have to ask, what were your detailing, the Queen Mary? I can do a CC pickup using a clay bar with clay bar lubricant in about two hours. The results...the finish is as smooth as a babies bottom. I also NEVER wash anything unless absolutely necessary. If garaged, a clay bar/wax job will last for months, all you need is an occasional touch up with the bar and weekly dusting with a CA Duster. My current DD has been washed twice in 17 months, the last time was in March. That's March 2006, btw.

I used Ice liquid clay this morning, it is a waste of time and money.
Just wash with dawn dish soap ( it removes old wax) then use a clay bar, with detailer spray. then 2 coats of synthetic wax ( I dont like Ice wax) then 2 coats of carnuba .
The liquid clay is just a fancy soap used to remove the old wax and prep for the clay bar

sonicbluestx

Delaware Chapter member
looks ok but results are not anywhere close to a real clay bar. i tried it about 2 weeks ago and it just didnt do it for me. i do however like the liquid ice wax for quick in between shine.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts