Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Introducing my new truck. Oh, and myself to.

Welcome to the forum and happy birthday. That's a great first vehicle you have and the fact that you had to work so hard to get it will make you appreciate it all the more. Good on ya!

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Welcome Dylan!

I don't have a truck that style, but I have one on either side of it - '62 and '77... the old trucks rock! Nice choice on yours.

Oh, and keep a job - you'll need it for gas LOL

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
You beat me to it. It's good to see younguns that are willing to work for what they want. Congratulations and welcome!

Should be an awesome first truck...lots of us around here enjoy the old steel, so you're in good hands. Kudos to you for working for what you have. Welcome to the site and happy birthday.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Welcome, happy birthday, and congrats on the truck! That is awesome!

Thanks for all the welcome notes guys

So,,,Gentlemen. Just curious. If I was like to inherit a big stack of cash smilietease and wanted to put the biggest meatiest tires on my truck. What should I be looking at? What is on there now is 235 85 16 Thanks guys

Hmmm

I think I have changed my mind.... I have been reading where wide tires/wheels put additional stress on the spinals. It can mess stuff up and cause sag. I think a tall meaty narrow tire makes sense to me. My thinking is a narrow tire will cut down to where the ground is harder? A wide tire will run on top but you need huge horsepower to do this. Is this right guys?

Catatonic

So,,,Gentlemen. Just curious. If I was like to inherit a big stack of cash smilietease and wanted to put the biggest meatiest tires on my truck. What should I be looking at? What is on there now is 235 85 16 Thanks guys

If you go to 265/75R16, you will have a wider width and the height stays the same so it won't affect your gear ratio and torque range. It's the other size Ford put on as a option.

Thanks

Thanks 'tedrow' I did, the 4th was a great day for me. Signed up for drivers Ed. I'm in the process of getting ready to roll! Hey guys, what can I expect for MPG with my 352? I know it's not going to be good. That's ok. I didn't get it for economy purposes. Thanks

tedrow42

Missouri Chapter member
Well I get some where around 12 with my 89 300 so if you don hot rod it id say it shouldn't be far from that I run the piss out of mine though lol

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey guys, what can I expect for MPG with my 352? I know it's not going to be good. That's ok. I didn't get it for economy purposes. Thanks

City, expect somewhere in 6-10mpg range...highway, 10-14. Depends on driving style, rolling resistance, speed, maintenance, etc.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Thank you Mike. I will probably end up cleaning them up and keeping them on there. They need some work, One is wired together and one broken mirror. But, they are on a looooong list of to-do's that;s for sure. Thanks again

That picture of your 97 in the dark? Is just 'majestic' Serious meat on the ground. Love them cab lights an visor. '250 Heavy Duty' What a statement to have on a truck.

Fellro

Staff member
With the 4.56 gears, mileage will be worse than normal, because as you have noticed already, the motor spins real fast at lower highway speeds. The benefit of already having such gears, you are already ahead of the game to get a lift and big tires. Taller tires will help get more speed and better fuel usage with those gears.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Thank you Mike. I will probably end up cleaning them up and keeping them on there. They need some work, One is wired together and one broken mirror. But, they are on a looooong list of to-do's that;s for sure. Thanks again

That picture of your 97 in the dark? Is just 'majestic' Serious meat on the ground. Love them cab lights an visor. '250 Heavy Duty' What a statement to have on a truck.

Good, I would hate to see you change out those bad *** mirrors! And yea, it's a statement alright, ladies like it too smilieFordlogo

Are you considering a visor on yours? If I were you, I would add one plus some older 18 wheeler style cab lights. You can pick those up at larger truck stops.

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Get outta my doorway!

One time we had some "people" show up at the door who wanted to convert me, and I called up the stairs to my wife asking if the goat was ready to sacrifice. One of them went down the street at a dead run, and other fell off the porch trying to back away.

Ford Truck Articles