Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help. 2007 F150 5.4l

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
No, because it also has a noise. If the sensor was contacting the wheel, it would , but it would conceivably set dtcs leading in that direction.

Okay that makes sense, somewhere i forgot about the noise. :headbang:

blacksnapon

Staff member
So it sounds like an oil pump replacement and not as drastic as an engine replacement?
They have to investigate if the lack of oil pressure has damaged the engine requiring replacement.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
She did say there was some metal on metal stuff but she did not elaborate so I don't know if it is that serious or not.

IF it ends up being an engine replacement what kind of time frame we talking about Vince???I'm out of pocket for a rental car at this point.

blacksnapon

Staff member
She did say there was some metal on metal stuff but she did not elaborate so I don't know if it is that serious or not.

IF it ends up being an engine replacement what kind of time frame we talking about Vince???I'm out of pocket for a rental car at this point.
The actual swap is a days labor for a good tech. Getting the engine there is the problem. If they are not a level one dealer, they'll have to have prior approvals from Ford.

blacksnapon

Staff member
If level 1 dealer means a "big fish" then that they are not. They are a good local dealership but certainly not a big fish.
Its more or less Fords rating system for "Qualified service departments". They can be small or large, its just a warranty numbers thing.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Well the saga continues.

Call from the service writer today and she said they put the valve covers back on and put it back together so they could do some more tests. Said there is a definite oil pressure issue in the bottom end.

Said the PSI at the filter? was less then 20psi at idle and normal should be around 25psi?

They were going to call Ford back after lunch, tell them their findings and go from there...

blacksnapon

Staff member
Well the saga continues.

Call from the service writer today and she said they put the valve covers back on and put it back together so they could do some more tests. Said there is a definite oil pressure issue in the bottom end.

Said the PSI at the filter? was less then 20psi at idle and normal should be around 25psi?

They were going to call Ford back after lunch, tell them their findings and go from there...
Sounds like they need a prior approval.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
That's what I was thinking Vince. Guess they had a Ford engineer on site today for another issue and he took a look at my truck also...Hopefully speed things up???

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
She is making it sound pretty bad but while I believe what she is saying she is the service writer not a mechanic...So is it starting to sound bad to you also?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Ok been a few days so here is where I am right now. Service writer called friday around noon and said they had it all buttoned back up and finished up their testing. Said a couple of things.

1)did want service records because when they are looking at repairs of this magnitude Ford is going wo want to make sure someone has seen them to make sure regular maintance has been done. She also said her mechanic did not see any signs or evidence that the engine had been abused or improperly maintained. Said the service records thing is just a check box on their list of things to have/see/inspect or whatever. Not an issue because again there had been no evidence of any of that stuff. as she said "The heads don't lie". Told me they would be talking to Ford in the coming week.

This is where I get a little upset Not mad at the dealership mind you but more about the circumstances. The dealership is doing the best they can given the hand they have been dealt.
2) She told me they could not even start tearing down the truck until the week of the 24th, after they talked to Ford. I confirmed she meant March 24th and when she said yes I told her that was completly unacceptable. I told her there was no way I could afford to make my truck payment AND a rental car payment for that length of time. They would have to cover the rental car, or at least part of it if my truck was going to sit idle on their lot for 3-4 weeks. I told her if her shop was just too busy for one customer to monopolize that much of the shops time I would need to get it to a larger dealership with more mechanics available. I understand they are not a "Mega" dealership and I am not their oinly customer. She put me on hold for a minute or so and then came back. Said she had talked to her Service manager and he didn't like the situation either and would see what he could do. Agreed to call me back later.

3) She calls back later with "Good news" I'm not sure exactly what happened but she told me they were going to tear down on the 9th of March. Still not great but WAY better then 24th. Said she would still like me to get service records but it sounded like they had already talked to Ford and gotten approval. Her words to me were "If it was going to be denied we would have asked you for money and written permission to tear down your truck"
She said they still can not cover the rental car but when they submitted everything to Ford once it was done they were going to submit my rental car reciepts and request reimbursement for them also. In the mean time she told me I should call ford and pitch a fit that my rental car is not currently being covered because this is a warranty claim. Especially since I will prolly be in the rental car until AT LEAST the 16th depending on parts.

4) Said it could be the oil pump OR it could be something yet to be discovered. Either way fixing them involves getting into the bottom end of the engine so the time involved in that is about the same regardless of what is wrong at that point.

SO it's me and the Impala for a while longer. The impala is a nice car. Good size, nice power, nicely equiped, rides nice. I would reccomend it if someone was looking for a family car.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Looks like its going your way......for now. I cant help thinking that there is some other conversations (or negotiations) going on.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Well I visited my truck today at the dealership. it looked a little lonely sitting there with no one to drive it.

Repair starts on Monday. They are still not 100% on what is wrong with it but I guess the teardown will happen, they'll figure out exactly what it is and repair it. Said prolly a week to teardown, diagnos and repair.

I just want my truck back

I know what you mean they had my truck a week already and it wont be done till monday or tuesday now. It was suppose to be done yesterday. We stopped in there and I seen it in the air all lonely lol. Man I cant wait to drive it. This rental car is nice but I miss my truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang Aaron...that's too bad...those exploratory surgeries can rack up the bills...I hope it's a quick and easy fix once they get inside. My prayers are with you and your truck...haha.

mSaLL150

California Chapter member
1) Always change your own oil or have a friend who knows how do it.

2) Did you ever do the proper datalogging after you got your mail order tunes from PHP? While i doubt this is the issue, you can't leave it out of the question.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts