Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Guess who's now acquianted with wax...(56k warning)

Fellro

Staff member
Glad you finally are doing it. The wax not only makes it shine, but more importantly, it protects the finish. I like to wax about every 3 months.

Aren't you proud of me for skipping the obvious bikini wax jokes? :D
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title...

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Hmmmm, I think I'm going to be enjoying that nice sunny weather in a week or so....

Oh, nice truck too :D Need a shot of it in the direct noon day sun though, that'd show it off quite well IMHO...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hmmmm, I think I'm going to be enjoying that nice sunny weather in a week or so....

Oh, nice truck too :D Need a shot of it in the direct noon day sun though, that'd show it off quite well IMHO...
Yeah I'm gonna take one tomorrow -- I didn't finish the job til like 5pm. Except I have to drive back to Davis tonight and it'll probably get dirty :headbang:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I think I'll be feeling your pain here soon as its already time to get the wax and the cloth out for the bike, thinking it'll take all of about 2-3 hours... :D

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I think I'll be feeling your pain here soon as its already time to get the wax and the cloth out for the bike, thinking it'll take all of about 2-3 hours... :D
HUH?! 2-3 hours for a motorcycle? It didnt even take me that long for my truck! Quit whinin', it'll take you like 10 minutes :rofl:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Looks good!

Chris- a soft toothbrush works great on the diamond plate.
Thanks! I dunno about the toothbrush. That diamond plate scratches SUPER easy... I dragged a nylon rope across it and it looked like I scrubbed it with sandpaper.

ps... Picked up a crap-ton of bugs on the way home :headbang:

Last edited:

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Just take that truck out to the local mud pit LIKE IT IS DESIGNED FOR, have some fun and I guarantee you will never notice those little white wax remenamts in the diamond plate.

smilietease smilietease smilietease

Michigan
smiliewhathesaid smilieIagree smiliegitrdone haha X2. You havent cleaned untill you spend 5 hours with a garden hose cleaning the underside of your truck. smilietease

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts