Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Grill insert opinions

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I would appreciate opinions related to the grill inserts for my truck. I originally wanted to go with the 76-77 All Black style inserts, but now I'm thinking the 76-77 Charcoal and Silver style insert. Here is where I'm at.

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Charcoal and silver would get my vote...but both would look good.

Charcoal and Silver.

Fellro

Staff member
I have always preferred the charcoal and silver as well... Blackouts just look off to me on that style grille.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Yeah, I think I'll go with the Charcoal and Silver as well, thanks. If they were cheap, I wouldn't hesitate to get both just to see, but at $60 each (for OEM ones anyway), I wanted to just see what everyone thought.

Psquare75

Creamsicle Driver
I wonder if the cheap aftermarket grills would look ok seeing has 3/4 of the grill is cut out to install these tube grills.

I too, would love the tube grill for the 76-77

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well to tell the truth i've seen allot of after market grills and they suck they break easy they start losing their color after a while if your going to spend the money I would say get a good one these stull grills are the best i've been able to find.

charcoal and silver will compliant your truck much better with your "silver" frame and that blue, its almost a theme, I think that you wont be disappointed with charcoal and silver

masterbeavis

California Chapter member
I vote for the tried and true OE look. The nice thing is you can fix up an old set if you have time to burn.... I cant see spending $60 for just one insert if you have an old undamaged pair that just need refreshing.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts