Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...the trim is definitely going back on...I looooooove the racetrack trim, but just haven't gotten around to putting it back on, and now I feel like it's too late. But it'll go back on after Red gets freshened up again. As for the springs...I'm a stickler for keeping, as much as I can, original equipment on her. So I'm thinking about getting them rearched...Got a couple shops that can do it for me, and I might have them put an extra inch or two in it for me...so I can still be on stock equipment...just with a little more height...yeah, I know, I'm cheating.

You planning on running 44" boggers? lol i'm just being facetious, but a few extra inches would certainly allow you to clear 40" tires, do you know by any chance what the measurment should be between the bump stop and the spring pack on a stock '73-'77.5 highboy? on the front end, i have 2 and 1/8th inches but i know it must have sagged some over the last 35 years and i've always wondered what the stock (factory) height was.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You planning on running 44" boggers? lol i'm just being facetious, but a few extra inches would certainly allow you to clear 40" tires, do you know by any chance what the measurment should be between the bump stop and the spring pack on a stock '73-'77.5 highboy? on the front end, i have 2 and 1/8th inches but i know it must have sagged some over the last 35 years and i've always wondered what the stock (factory) height was.

HAHA...naw not 44's on this rig...figure 38's would be as big as I would go if I could gain a couple more inches.

And sorry to say, but no, I don't know the measurement. I'd take them for you, but seeing as she's stored 5 hours away...it wouldn't be too convenient...haha. Maybe Dennis will poke his head in and can answer.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I'm hoping I found some racetrack trim. I have a buddy who said he had two trucks parked out in the trees and he said I could have whatever chrome I needed. My brother went to look at it for me and said it looked pretty good. Just might need some polishing, so I'll have to do that I'm sure.

Ben, do you have to drill all your holes and whatnot for your trim. I started to fit some upper pieces on my rig. The pieces of chrome I do have is good for fitment, but no what I'm using. Figured I'd just as well start drilling. So far so good I think. I have one more hole to drill for the front fender chrome at the very end by the sidemarker light. I have one side almost done, except that farthest hole to the front that I'm talking about for the fender chrome is in a bad spot and it's kinda hard to get up there and put the nut on. Maybe I was off a little or something. I did use SS screws for my plastic clips and they seem to work pretty good. Believe me, I was sweating the whole time. It took me awhile to get the courage up to drill my first hole.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Congrats on the chrome Buck...glad that you found some. And yes, when I go back and put the chrome on, I'll have to redrill the holes, Dad filled all the holes up, so I'll definitely be looking for support from you...haha. Glad drilling your holes went so well for you...dunno how you did it to be honest, I would be shaking sooooooooo bad.

You don't have any pics of the holes drilled in there now do you Buck???

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Congrats on the chrome Buck...glad that you found some. And yes, when I go back and put the chrome on, I'll have to redrill the holes, Dad filled all the holes up, so I'll definitely be looking for support from you...haha. Glad drilling your holes went so well for you...dunno how you did it to be honest, I would be shaking sooooooooo bad.

You don't have any pics of the holes drilled in there now do you Buck???

No pics yet, but I'll have some. What made a real difference is drilling with one of those "step-bits" with the drill on a slower setting.

http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/jhtml/detail.jhtml?prodId=IrwinProd100140&search=false

They won't break with just drilling sheetmetal so you don't have to worry about a bit breaking and causing some major scratching. The biggest thing is just making sure the chrome is where you want it. Once you get into a rhythm and check and double check things it isn't so bad. I'm going to dred drilling all the dang holes for the front fender lower chrome though.

No pics yet, but I'll have some. What made a real difference is drilling with one of those "step-bits" with the drill on a slower setting.

http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/jhtml/detail.jhtml?prodId=IrwinProd100140&search=false

They won't break with just drilling sheetmetal so you don't have to worry about a bit breaking and causing some major scratching. The biggest thing is just making sure the chrome is where you want it. Once you get into a rhythm and check and double check things it isn't so bad. I'm going to dred drilling all the dang holes for the front fender lower chrome though.

This may be too late but take a que from the construction biz and snap a chalk line from parking light to parking light and drill your holes accordingly, it worked for me, but then again my paint job was only worth 50 bucks lol

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The 351M that could!!!!

Well after some tinkering today, and some carb tinkering yesterday...I have to say...the Bronco is running better now than since I've had it (still blows blue like a biatch though). As you guys know...that usually leads to a little over confidence. So anyway, I noticed she was takin off reeeally well from the lights. So I decided today was the day I would interact in a little light to light action. I probably chose some unworthy opponents, but keep in mind...the Bronk probably doesn't even register 3 digit hp...haha. So the victims I chose and beat was a Mitsubishi sedan something or other, honda civic and Chrysler minivan. Nothing really to brag about...but I was proud of the ol' girl finally winning a couple straight lines. However, I will say...I was brought back to reality when I got stomped by one of those Lincoln trucks and a Mazda CX7. Anywho, I'm just happy she's running better, can't wait to see what she'll be like with a little power.

Side note...I had noooooo idea it would be so hard to entice someone to race on Easter Sunday...hahahahahahahaha.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well after some tinkering today, and some carb tinkering yesterday...I have to say...the Bronco is running better now than since I've had it (still blows blue like a biatch though). As you guys know...that usually leads to a little over confidence. So anyway, I noticed she was takin off reeeally well from the lights. So I decided today was the day I would interact in a little light to light action. I probably chose some unworthy opponents, but keep in mind...the Bronk probably doesn't even register 3 digit hp...haha. So the victims I chose and beat was a Mitsubishi sedan something or other, honda civic and Chrysler minivan. Nothing really to brag about...but I was proud of the ol' girl finally winning a couple straight lines. However, I will say...I was brought back to reality when I got stomped by one of those Lincoln trucks and a Mazda CX7. Anywho, I'm just happy she's running better, can't wait to see what she'll be like with a little power.

Side note...I had noooooo idea it would be so hard to entice someone to race on Easter Sunday...hahahahahahahaha.

Beat by a ricer smilieloser :rofl:

I have tons of the dent filler chrome in the garage and some bottom chrome but I only have a couple of pieces of the racetrack (paint separation) chrome.

I landed some for the toolbox as well.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
You see that on pre-runners all of the time. Especially on the rangers.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You see that on pre-runners all of the time. Especially on the rangers.

Yeah...you see flared fiberglass...but I've never seen a later model front end on a dent before (seen it in reverse on Chubby's though). I did however, think the fiberglass hoods and fenders were kick azz for the 92-96 Broncos.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
On dents no, but on the baja style rangers, yes. It's always hard to tell what year they are becaus the grill never tells the age of the rest.

....and yeah,

There's nothing sweeter than a 92-96 style flared out Ford with 15+ inches of suspension travel.

Except for a 'dent with at least 35's under it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles