Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah I got some for the 72 and they aint the cheapest but what I like about em is that theyre already put together unlike the accel ones ive had in the past and had to crimp em myself and it sucked.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Agreed on that Dan...another reason I go with Pertronix plugs...already assembled.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Hey ben, once you finish the little odd's and ends on Red, when do you think i can take delivery?

Do you think the stroker will be done so i can have the truck back for summer crusin time?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Give us a review when ya get em on.

Will do

Hey ben, once you finish the little odd's and ends on Red, when do you think i can take delivery?

Do you think the stroker will be done so i can have the truck back for summer crusin time?

Mmmmmmm...I dunno, you know how the saying goes, "true gear heads are NEVER done with their projects." But for you I'll make an exception and you can expect delivery at STF:30 on kissmyazzday in the year 20whenhellfreezes over.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have new plug wires for my truck on my list of things to buy/do. So, what is a ballpark cost for a set for a 351M/400?

For a good set $40...for 8mm+ about $70+, for chain store house brand $20.

Well fine, im kid napping thunder for ransom. Or red...
:D
WIN!

I hate you. That is all.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I thought it should be in that range. I'm checking out the company's link you put up now. Thanks!!

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Meh, i think you hate the fact that im a legal genious and thought of this plan all on my own!

I tell you what, you put that new 521 stroker in thunder, ill take it break it in.
You can toy with my truck and do what ever upgrades you please.
I will return thunder in top working condition with a fresh detail in return for your services to my truck...

Sounds like a fair trade to me!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I thought it should be in that range. I'm checking out the company's link you put up now. Thanks!!

Not a problem Steve. I'm also gonna get their ignition coil too. Here are the plug wires I'm gettin:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PNX-708104/

and here's the coil:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PNX-45011/

Meh, i think you hate the fact that im a legal genious and thought of this plan all on my own!

I tell you what, you put that new 521 stroker in thunder, ill take it break it in.
You can toy with my truck and do what ever upgrades you please.
I will return thunder in top working condition with a fresh detail in return for your services to my truck...

Sounds like a fair trade to me!

Sounds totally fair and legit to me.

Guess I'll start looking into a tune-up for my 05... it's at 61k. I've already dumped a buttload of money into her recently though. May just let her hit 70-75k before doing it lol

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Guess I'll start looking into a tune-up for my 05... it's at 61k. I've already dumped a buttload of money into her recently though. May just let her hit 70-75k before doing it lol

You may not need it yet! I was going to change plugs in my 2003 Ranger a couple months ago until I looked in the book. Ford calls for the plugs to be replaced at 100K! It only has 73K on it now. It runs without missing a beat, so I'm not going to worry about them yet.

You may not need it yet! I was going to change plugs in my 2003 Ranger a couple months ago until I looked in the book. Ford calls for the plugs to be replaced at 100K! It only has 73K on it now. It runs without missing a beat, so I'm not going to worry about them yet.

Hmm I'll be damned...then I'm gonna pocket the cash and wait :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
FYI...those plugs I was going to buy, not happening now. Online said they were compatible, I cross referenced with the catalog and that said they were for points style dizzys. So now I'm either gonna go MSD 8mm's or Taylor 8mm's, because the right Pertronix plug wires for me were $53 and still 7mm. So I'm leaning towards the MSD plugs because they have a straight boot and come assembled.

FYI...those plugs I was going to buy, not happening now. Online said they were compatible, I cross referenced with the catalog and that said they were for points style dizzys. So now I'm either gonna go MSD 8mm's or Taylor 8mm's, because the right Pertronix plug wires for me were $53 and still 7mm. So I'm leaning towards the MSD plugs because they have a straight boot and come assembled.

What's the price difference between MSD/Taylor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts