Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Damn fellas, I swear if it weren't for bad luck, there would be no luck at all. I started out on my trip back to school yesterday, and about an hour into it I hear a decent thud...turned out being my alternator belt flying off. Luckily, there was a parts store about 10 miles up. I get there, get a new belt. Head back out to put the belt on...low and behold, the head apparently sheered off the lower bolt on the alternator bracket that goes into the block. Luckily, there was still enough there to get a vice grips on it, and I had a spare bolt. But daggon, Murphy must really like me...I mean seriously, what are the odds.

Murphy is a you know what.

Or Ben went full retard strength and stretched the bolt out so much the head popped off :rofl:

Hehehehe...the Jethro factor...:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds like the bolt that sheard off was loose and the belt was a bit tight

The belt was on it's last legs, I was actually gonna buy a new one last week, but never got around to it. As for the bolt being loose, entirely possible...after the engine swap, I'm waiting for the fall out on what I did wrong. Hopefully, a bracket bolt will be the end of it.

Or Ben went full retard strength and stretched the bolt out so much the head popped off :rofl:

You know me...

Murphy is a you know what.:

Agreed...and for some reason, he thinks we're best friends.

Hehehehe...the Jethro factor...:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:

Go play in some snow or something

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
God dangit...I hate this Murphy and his frickin law...I swear, there's and azz whooping coming his way. Coming back from getting some groceries in pouring rain, my driver's side wiper arm decided it wanted to come unclipped. So I jammed it back into place, bent the arm some and made the trip back. Luckily, I bought a few extra parts pertaining to the wipers when the passenger side did the same thing. So a belated thank you goes to Dennis for the link he posted when I believe U-Haul was having their liquidation of dentside parts.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sweet...just sent a $50 payment for a NIB, never mounted Eddy Performer intake with ARP bolts. I'm stoked. I never get those kinds of deals, I bet there's something wrong with it...haha.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Sweet...just sent a $50 payment for a NIB, never mounted Eddy Performer intake with ARP bolts. I'm stoked. I never get those kinds of deals, I bet there's something wrong with it...haha.

Did you take the guy's first born as well?!

Nice scoresmilieFordlogo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Did you take the guy's first born as well?!

Nice scoresmilieFordlogo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA...no, he's ford guy on a local site and FSB...and he's got some good parts he's trying to get rid of. He started at $225 for just the intake and I offered $150, he declined. So I sat on it when no one else seemed to be interested, and he kept coming back and asking if I wanted it for lower prices...finally he said he just wanted the thing gone, so now I have the intake and ARP bolts for $50.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So fellas...I'm getting a wild hair and decided I want to learn how to tear apart and rebuild a C6. Question is, I dunno where to look or what companies have good reputations. I just want a stronger than stock rebuild. I've seen kits ranging anywhere from $148 to $450. So what I'm looking for is an all inclusive, stronger than stock kit. Any suggestions?

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
CONGRATS ON TOTY BEN!! i love your dent side it reminds me so much of mine its good to see a nice restored gen 6 on the toty board

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
CONGRATS ON TOTY BEN!! i love your dent side it reminds me so much of mine its good to see a nice restored gen 6 on the toty board

Thanks man...it's great to see that others appreciate what I've put into that rig.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Thanks man...it's great to see that others appreciate what I've put into that rig.

Right on!!!! An inspiration to all dentside owners.

And nice score on the intake and bolts. You pretty much stole it for that price.

A stock C6 will take a bunch of beating, torque and HP, but it doesn't hurt to upgrade. I have also thought about rebuilding a tranny, but I have no idea how. I'd have to invest in a killer manual to help me along. I had thought about finding a basic AOD and rebuilding it with superior parts to be just as good if not better than a good C6 and get an adapter to bolt up to my 521. But, I have since scratched the idea and will someday just get a GV OD unit.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Right on!!!! An inspiration to all dentside owners.

I'd be willing to bet that your truck will be in the running next year Buck along with a few other dent side builds going on right now, they'd all put mine to shame...so I'm glad I got in this year...haha.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
It's going to be tough voting when all these builds are done.

I fired up the truck a bit tonight to let it run for a little bit. I haven't had it out for over a month and a half. It's nice up here tonight, right around 40 degrees. It's supposed to start getting cold in the next few days and there is some snow in the forecast. Probably won't be able to drive it much from now until Spring. Kinda sucks, but I'll get it out if it's nice enough this winter. I'm kinda curious to see how well the Ethanol will run in the cold weather. I'm hoping to really finish it up this winter. I've got everything together now, but some pieces of chrome are not in the best shape, so I'm going to start buying new and gradually get all new stuff.

Last edited:
Buck, your truck sure looks good man... I mean, simply amazing resto job there. I'm too lazy to look so if you've gotta link on here with more pics of the final part of the job, link away.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Ben I saw most of those - thought he had some up of the truck nearing completion. Hard to believe that beauty was stripped down to a pair of frame rails at one point...

Yeah...Buck needs to spend a little more camera time on his truck. I too, can't believe where it started and where it is now...I guess he did the epitome of a frame-off.

Tell you what, had that been me, I'd have taken pics of every screw turn and every bolt tightened...heck of a job to take on so yeah pics every 5 min lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts