Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I tried looking on the "other" site, but I don't think that I can go back far enough. The farthest that I can go back is '08, and I'm pretty sure that thread is older than that.

It's alright...a couple guys shot me the link now. Never knew you had some Jap crap FL tow hooks on your truck though...you really need to find something better Lee...hahahaha.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Ummm...you can't just send me a PM telling me who was involved and what was done? Geez...I'm nosier and more demanding than a woman. See what happens to a guy after they leave the south for 18 hours.

Watch out Ben if your not careful you might turn in to another Doc..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Watch out Ben if your not careful you might turn in to another Doc..

I'm back in TN now, with a can of Red Man and a pizza...I'm rehabilitating as we speak...so don't worry about a transformation.

78/79 F-100- F350 Tilt Column applications as was written up by me on the other site numerous times

The Tilt column from either a 4x4 or 4x2 w/Auto Transmission are identical, the difference is how they connect to the spline coming out of the steering gear box.

The 4x4 column hooks up with a combination knuckled shaft/coupler rag joint about 23" in length

The 4x2 column connects with a short coupler/Flange about 3" in length

So if you are converting a 4x2 Non-Tilt to a Tilt column,one requires the special flange on the column side as the other 2 pieces are already part of the non-tilt coupler/rag joint

Shown below are both ways of connecting a tilt column.

4x4 shaft

4x4steeringshaft.jpg

Shown below is the flange that is required for a 4x2 non-tilt to tilt column swap.

This part is also available on all E-series Vans

Tiltcolumnend.jpg

E-series Vans also have the same parts except the steering column is longer and will not fit an F-series.

The Tilt column for standard transmission trucks does not have the shift collar, shift tube or the shift lever at the bottom.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good!
Hey what every happend to that Soda you said you were gonna send us ;p

Ummmmm...whoops...I thought you guys canned that idea due to shipping complications. Anywho...I brought some Blue Mist water and Savage Energy Drinks (both bottled by Cheerwine)...up from home last time:

DSC02229.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

On edit...HAHAHA...just realized the box filled with paperwork behind the Blue Mist, is a Cheerwine glass bottle box.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
It's alright...a couple guys shot me the link now. Never knew you had some Jap crap FL tow hooks on your truck though...you really need to find something better Lee...hahahaha.

Yeah, I seem to remember being told that before :wavey: !

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
............and what's that I see, BWW's, I crave that place on a weekly basis.

It did and is very very rare

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah, I seem to remember being told that before :wavey: !

Yeah you shoulda gone NOS

............and what's that I see, BWW's, I crave that place on a weekly basis.

Sure is...along with a Trino's and Niro's menu...all within a 5 minute walk. That said, I'll let the grown ups talk tech now.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Dennis I would like to see one if you run across a picture of a tilt wheel with a standard trans.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Dennis I would like to see one if you run across a picture of a tilt wheel with a standard trans.

There's one in my Supercab parts truck, it's 70 miles away though.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
If it's good, I'd think it would be worth something. I haven't seen one of those in a long time.

That's what I'm thinking. It'll probably be up for grabs this summer.

I forgot to look at the visors though, fingers crossed that they're lighted.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
It's out of a '79, I would think that it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles