Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Future of your dent?

My dent is in semi-retirement now like me. I now only work 4 hours a day 180 days a year. But I still use the truck to go on the 12 mile round trip to work and for camping trips with the R.V. trailer to local lakes and campgrounds, also occasional errands around town. So I am only adding around 5,000 miles a year to the 431,000 miles already on it. I still enjoy driving it and once in awhile when somebody (usually in a newer truck) pulls up at a stoplight and wants to kick sand in the old man's face. It does not work out the way they had planned at all. :)

:hehehm: :hehehm: It's always nice to shake the young fellas up from time to time eh

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
Which dent?
#1 77 f250 4wd long bed crew is in the middle of a frame off resto
#2 78/79 4wd supercabs, 1 is driven occasionallly, plan to remove upgrades for s/c #2, which is getting a d60 f/e, d70 rear diff and given to my son
#3 78 bronco driven daily, well at least semi daily w/ plans on a resto after p/u's are done, don't need much
#4 78 4wd f150..soon to be retired, frt and rear posis installed in bronco along w/ lift kit and snow plow
#5 78/79 f250 4wd sno fighter's (3) 1 as parts, 2nd as a driver and back up snow plow truck...3rd..???

bfl6yv.jpg

fau2w3.jpg

dng7bn.jpg

23h4va1.jpg

these are probably melted down enroute to China
amzkeo.jpg

tedrow42

Missouri Chapter member
When I first bought my 80 f150 4x4 I was gona do a light resto on her but wrecked it shortly after so I got a lot more work ahead of me, my 89 I'm eather gona run into the ground or trade it to my buddy for his bike

5db6b8bb-77f3-452b-b0dc-7a7650753aff.jpg

1da3d609-130c-41b5-ab59-2568b1047940.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Robert...is it bad that your pics gave me some serious tingling in my pants.

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
Robert...is it bad that your pics gave me some serious tingling in my pants.

Ben...heading over to my buddies place to swap in the 78/79 pwr steering upgrade to the 77 crew before I install the engine..think I am going to go ahead w/ the auto trans instead of the manual trans that was in there...going tpo be a PITA because now I have to fab up a divorced transfer case shifter mounting baracket, it was mounted to the tailshaft housing on the manual trans, new auto trans doesn't have that and I have to get an intermediate d/s made from the trans to the transfer case....

Fellro

Staff member
I don't remember at all how the t-case lever was mounted to the AT that was in my old 75...

Which dent?
#1 77 f250 4wd long bed crew is in the middle of a frame off resto
#2 78/79 4wd supercabs, 1 is driven occasionallly, plan to remove upgrades for s/c #2, which is getting a d60 f/e, d70 rear diff and given to my son
#3 78 bronco driven daily, well at least semi daily w/ plans on a resto after p/u's are done, don't need much
#4 78 4wd f150..soon to be retired, frt and rear posis installed in bronco along w/ lift kit and snow plow
#5 78/79 f250 4wd sno fighter's (3) 1 as parts, 2nd as a driver and back up snow plow truck...3rd..???
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool:

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
Mine i would like to fix the one dent it has in the door. And pull the motor out. It doesn't really need it with only 57k on the truck. But i want to ditch all the emmisions crap.

...i want to ditch all the emissions crap.
Cool. :)

BTDT

Defeated the EGR in the first month or so of brand new. LOL :)

All that stuff on the outside is straight forward, just take it off.
There's one thing inside the engine that needs to go too tho
and that's the retarded-cam-timing in the cam timing gear set.

It's just under the timing chain cover but an aftermarket cam
is one of the best you can do when you do a rebuild.

What year is yours and the engine, carburetor and transmission?

'75 F150 360FE+T18+2100 Comp252/252

Hmmm... oh yeah the stock Y pipe! :(
You still got yours? They are crap inside! :/
What you see on the outside ain't what's in the inside.

There's a torch cut hole that was cut by hand, weird but true.
The hole in mine was smaller than a golf ball but shaped like a
football. It was like I added two more cylinders to the engine
opening that sorry sucker up! LOL :)

exhaustY1.jpg

http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/exhaustY.jpg
Next is the Thrush that's 2+1/2" inside and 45" long so as far
as the engine knows it's straight piped...
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/exhaust1.jpg

Alvin in AZ
ps- Where you at? Fill out your stuff and stay awhile. ;)
pps- Wife and one son were into scuba I prefer skindiving.

Last edited:

dunnboomer

dunnboomer
Iowa
I'm gonna play in the mud & snow until i can buy alll the stuff I need to make it a replica of the original Bigfoot, so far I have all LMC body and starting on suspension. I figure I should be able to start tear down in 2 years. Hoping to paint in 3

Fellro

Staff member
Sounds like an interesting project... So how much of a duplicate do you intend, as in what tires and axles are you looking to go with? BTW, hello from a fellow Iowan, was starting to wonder if there was an internet block in the state...

dunnboomer

dunnboomer
Iowa
Axles will be 5 ton military with detriot lockers,
18 Big foot signature series shocks
66" x 43" x 25"