Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Future of your dent?

Since there seems to be more than a few dents here and more joining all the time. I thought it would be interesting to see what we all have planned for the future of our trucks? Are you going to restore it? Drive it till it drops? Fix it as needed only? Keep working it? Store it in the garage as an investment? Or something else?
Randy

Fellro

Staff member
Somewhat torn as to the plan of action on the two I have. Got the lifted 78 4wd shortbed that the body is hosed on and has title issues, then the 77 2wd F250 has a good cab, clear title., but suspension issues. Thought about combining the two, just not sure I am willing to take one more off the road for good.

I plan to get this built enough to get it on the road safely. Keep modding it and doing functional upgrades. I want to teach my kids to drive with this truck too. I would also like to make it capable enough to make a few short 4x4 offroad trips with my Dad along with our local 4x4 forum members.

She still has a ways to go.

DSC01951.jpg

Pops at the shop with me.

DSC01975.jpg

Once I pass away my Sister or other family member has instructions to offer my 78 150 and color matching holiday trailer to the people here on FTF.

I was thinking $10,000 for the package with first dibs on all the trucks parts in the garage.

A real steal for someone from the US to get.

Truck_Trailer_BC.JPG

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
I will continue to finish a few minor issues,then make up grades,it was bought as an investment.it will only see sunny days & weekends.it will be available in the event i need to haul or tow.& go to car shows & cruise ins to inspire others dreams.i waited many years for this type of rig,it will be treasured & not abused.:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well...Red needs the steering system rebuilt...and that will happen in the very near future. Then in a few years, I'd like to take her down to the bare frame and re-restore he, and take care of some of the corners I cut the first go round.

The Bronco is going to turned in to an expedition rig. So upgrade to a 60/70 combo, upgrade to a Deaver suspension, rebuild the C6 and 205 and all the little things those upgrade entail.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Finish my restoration and then occasionally drive it on nice days.

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
I plan on doing a frame-off resto on my truck one day. I have the time now but very little money. I wanna build a muscle truck out of it with some modern upgrades, while keeping the relatively stock exterior. I'll probably level it out or lower it an inch or two. I wanna build a nice 390 for it and swap in a modern 5-speed with overdrive (NV4500 maybe?). I can't wait to start rebuilding it from the ground up just the way I want it. For now, I'm driving it a little bit and fixing/replacing things as they break or fail.

I plan on doing a frame-off resto on my truck one day. I have the time now but very little money. I wanna build a muscle truck out of it with some modern upgrades, while keeping the relatively stock exterior. I'll probably level it out or lower it an inch or two. I wanna build a nice 390 for it and swap in a modern 5-speed with overdrive (NV4500 maybe?). I can't wait to start rebuilding it from the ground up just the way I want it. For now, I'm driving it a little bit and fixing/replacing things as they break or fail.

Thats what we all say but only one pereson here is actually doing it.

Once I pass away my Sister or other family member has instructions to offer my 78 150 and color matching holiday trailer to the people here on FTF.

I was thinking $10,000 for the package with first dibs on all the trucks parts in the garage.

A real steal for someone from the US to get.

Truck_Trailer_BC.JPG

What a beaut looking package deal Dennis - hopefully noone gets thier grubby paws on it for a long time.

Last edited:

That all sounds good. I will look forward to seeing it done someday.:)

What a beaut looking package deal Dennis - hopefully noone gets thier grubby paws on it for a long time.
I agree Kiwi... that is an extremely nice truck and trailer. I really like the color combinations together on the two.:)

Thats what we all say but only one person here is actually doing it.
That's not what "we all say", I didn't say that. ;)

I'm doing it (slowly and quietly) to a '91 Bronco.

And I'll never say it about my '75 F150 because, it don't need it! LOL :)

Except for the paint (which is just sissy cosmetic stuff to start with)
my pickup is better than it was when new in every other way. YMMV?

And more, I'm REAL glad to hear that Dennis ain't dayed yet and that
Ben is going to swap a manual transmission into his Dent Side Bronco. xD

Alvin in AZ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'm gonna just keep on driving it because that's what it was built for back in 1973.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I'm going to buy an additional burial plot so I can be buried in it. In the meantime, I think I'll just drive it!

To answer 340B's question, x2 on keep on driving mine,
but it's been moved back to "second vehicle" uses tho. :/

...be buried in it.
Doug, that was my joke/thinking from -way- back! :)

Couple cowboy buddies've got private cemeteries, so
there would be no extra charge for my pickup.

-----------------------

Looks like the laws have changed to where I can be
buried like I want to be ...like a dead dog. No fluid
exchange or anything, dig a hole, throw my sorryass
in it, cover me with dirt, no-box-no-nothin', with my
boots on even. LOL :)

Be useful for tree fertilizer, just like my dogs are. :)

Or maybe I could build myself one of those cool pine
boxes like you see on the western movies? :)

Alvin in AZ

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
To answer 340B's question, x2 on keep on driving mine,
but it's been moved back to "second vehicle" uses tho. :/

Doug, that was my joke/thinking from -way- back! :)

Couple cowboy buddies've got private cemeteries, so
there would be no extra charge for my pickup.

-----------------------

Alvin in AZ

Boot Hill, here we come! YelloThumbUp

-----------------------

Alvin in AZ

That makes sense to me. Better yet, Bore a hole, put me in it standing up so I don't take up as much room

My dent is in semi-retirement now like me. I now only work 4 hours a day 180 days a year. But I still use the truck to go on the 12 mile round trip to work and for camping trips with the R.V. trailer to local lakes and campgrounds, also occasional errands around town. So I am only adding around 5,000 miles a year to the 431,000 miles already on it. I still enjoy driving it and once in awhile when somebody (usually in a newer truck) pulls up at a stoplight and wants to kick sand in the old man's face. It does not work out the way they had planned at all. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts