Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally got my crewcab!!

No side moldings on the truck But I do know of asitting in the weeds I'll look if get down that way . About 2 hours away.

Thank you Lost.

I have a step bit Buck, might give that a try.

More headway, work is slow so I got time to burn on it.

Got the hood sanded with 80 and then went over it with 180. Had a couple of small dents to fix and some rock dents in the front. It is now ready for primer. I have to pull the hood and decide what I'm going to do on the inside. It is the worst part of sanding this truck.

img00133200910221409.jpg

I also took off all the bondo that was covering up a dent in the lower rear corner of the bed. I sure am glad I took all of the prior bondo work off this truck. Whoever did the previous work sucked at preparation.

img00131200910221408.jpg

Passenger doors are on and lined up. Couple small dents in the rear door that needed some attention.
img00126200910221407.jpg

So if I get the back of the cab sanded, the front of the box, fix the dent in the bed and sand down the OE primer on the passenger door and fenders I think it is pretty much ready for some primer.

Thanks Dan, slowly but surely it is nearing primer.

I went to the shop this morning and got the driver side trim holes drilled. I was going to install the nutserts for the mirrors but I have to get the correct tool to do it.

dsc03499.jpg

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
It's sure coming along. Did you use the rivets for the plastic tabs or just screws for the trim?

I also needed the tool for those mirror mounting nutserts. I actually found an el cheapo tool with nutserts at Menards for under 10 bucks and it worked just fine.

Thanks Buck.

I'm going to use rivets for the plastic tabs once the paint is done. I'll pre-drill the holes for them then paint so it is sealed up. I've already drilled the end holes for the molding.

Menards, good deal. I'm going to have to check there.

I actually found an el cheapo tool with nutserts at Menards for under 10 bucks and it worked just fine.

Found it, thanks again Buck.

dsc03512.jpg

Got the mirrors drilled and mounted. First thing I did was made a template of the old nutserts.
dsc03509.jpg

Transferred.
dsc03511.jpg

Installed. When you are installing the nutsert make sure to put some oil on the threads, it makes it much easier to crimp down.

dsc03515.jpg

Finished.

dsc03507.jpg

Today I got the bed seperated.
img00137200910271415.jpg

The shiny part is 5 holes in the back of the cab I welded up.

img00139200910271415.jpg

Practically rust free for a 30 year old truck.

img00142200910271416.jpg

Looks like the formica countertop is going to work perfect. Now it is off to the local fabric store to see what kind of material I can come up with.
dsc03530.jpg

I also got the back of cab sanded and the front of the box is done.

dsc03527.jpg

Hopefully it will be in primer within a week so I can get it block sanded. I just have to see when the body shop has an opening for his spray booth.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Looking great, as I would expect from you!

Test fit of the headliner. It looks like I need to take about a 1/4" off each side and 1"off the back. From this dry run it looks like it will work perfect. I still have to grind off the center support section where the original plastic clip mounted to.

img00150200910311322.jpg

img00151200910311323.jpg

img00152200910311323.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Looks good

17.99 per yard, on sale, normally 34.99 per yard compared to vinyl at 8.99yd. I said hell with it and give me the leather. It should turn out great. The next door countertop guy is going to use his spray glue that he uses for glueing the formica to the wood. We did a test sample today and it STICKS!!

If this one turns out like I'm hoping I'm going to get another batch to make a headliner for my 250.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn Scott, you ever thought about selling your services as a dentside restoration consultant????? Every truck you touch is gold, and I love some of the creativity and ideas you use. Anyway, Grade-A work as always.

Damn Scott, you ever thought about selling your services as a dentside restoration consultant????? Every truck you touch is gold, and I love some of the creativity and ideas you use. Anyway, Grade-A work as always.

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: I like that.

Actually I never have. I have thought about taking on someone elses truck or Bronco to restore for them but that is about as far as I went with it. Thanks Ben.

Final mock up of the headliner.

I ground out the spot welds on the original center divider and removed that. I also added the flat plate for the dome light mount.

dsc03537.jpg

Final mock up of the headliner, fitted for size.

dsc03539.jpg

dsc03540.jpg

Dome light installed, still need to run wire.

dsc03542.jpg

Testing the glue on the headliner. I thought I'd try it without the padding for better adhesion but it looks much better with the padding. The countertop glue holds excellent and I have no fear of it seperating down the road.

dsc03536.jpg

Ford Truck Articles