Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Exhaust leak

Hello!!! I have an exhaust leak and it ticks but I don't really feel like replacing the manifold because I believe thats where it is leaking out at but I've heard they are a pain to do. So I was wondering if there was any kind of exhaust paste or something I could use to plug the hole to fix the problem. Anybody know of any such thing? If so or any other ideas that you have to help me fix my leak without having to replace the manifold that would be greatly appreciated thank you!!!

Tyler

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have heard of a filler that TP Tools carries...but you would have to remove the manifold anyway to apply it correctly...and I have no idea how well or not well it works.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
I also use to patch my stock cast manifold, but like Randy said, would be lucky if it held for a week. I finally got tired of that route and just replaced the manifold. I too was very hesitant to do this but it is actually a very easy task. I had no problem removing the exhaust bolts and none broke off. I just ran the truck for 5 minutes to heat the manifold, and used a small breaker bar to "break" free the bolts. Here's some pic's of when I did mine.
Here's the patch job I would do
IMG_1637.JPG

Manifold removed
IMG_1642.JPG

The only tools I used
IMG_1643.JPG

The replacement manifold from wreckers
IMG_16461.JPG

Last edited:
Okay . Thanks for all you're help. I have decided to go ahead and fix the manifolds. I have located the carbon spots which indicate that the manifold does have a leak. Thanks again.

Ford Truck Articles