Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Engine build.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yep sounds like the me, I thought about changing alot of stuff on the motor when i had it out but didn't and then had to with the motor in... aggrivating.

lil up date.. trucks been good. Blew the trans in the diesel so the 89 is now my DD. Ill get some pics of it all done.

Now im looking to convert over to mass air.

Edit. I also converted my diesel from 5spd to auto.. e4od using a PCS TCM-2000 trans computer... then the trans gave out 6 months after. LOL. oh well i think it will be fun to rebuild

well ill update it the engine build for you guys.

I pulled the trans, replaced the slave cylinder, hydulic line, and master cylinder.

then drove the truck around. Put 500k on it. Did a oil change, put some 15w40 shell rotella oil in it. Drove for another 100k and it started having over heating problems.

I pulled the thermostat and tested it... it was at fault. That was yesterday. Got a new one and works like a charm.

also had to floor it... Well it goes as expected-but i didnt build it for that.Just a mix of all worlds. But I love 5.0L with flowmasters. Now I think its time for a H or a X pipe in the exhaust to get a better sound from it

I also got some rims for my newer rims for my diesel and put those onto my 89

PA240007.jpg

16x8 eagle rims on 265/75s
PB170759.jpg

17x10mht rims on 35s

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
well ill update it the engine build for you guys.

I pulled the trans, replaced the slave cylinder, hydulic line, and master cylinder.

then drove the truck around. Put 500k on it. Did a oil change, put some 15w40 shell rotella oil in it. Drove for another 100k and it started having over heating problems.

I pulled the thermostat and tested it... it was at fault. That was yesterday. Got a new one and works like a charm.

also had to floor it... Well it goes as expected-but i didnt build it for that.Just a mix of all worlds. But I love 5.0L with flowmasters. Now I think its time for a H or a X pipe in the exhaust to get a better sound from it

I also got some rims for my newer rims for my diesel and put those onto my 89

PB170759.jpg

17x10mht rims on 35s

I like the 17's....they look nice on the truck.

No spacer, its tall enough haha.
I Hit the dyno last week 202.4rwhp/300tq at the tires, Air fuel ratio wasnt up to par, that was because of the ported intake and trickflow cam and speed denisty comuter. 500/510". So I bought a BBK adjustable thats oringally for a mustang, But i knew it would fit on my truck.
bbk-1706_w.jpg

Raised it from 37psi to 55psi, I picked up a noticeable power increase, Top end mainly, not bad for 30 mins of work.
I also had my camera stolen in may, never got around to getting one untill now, So stay tuned for a vid or 2

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
mine did 228 with 295 with low timing full timing @ 30

now it did 260 and 320 with corected timing at 37 full timing and
low octane fuel

your should do better.. put those TFS on!!

BTW did u use correct valve springs for the cam??

Last edited:
LOL, well it was also at 202hp at 17:1 at 5300rpm before the dyno operator let off the gas... AF ratio was rising good. and I dont really care on HP on this build, as long as it drives good and starts everyday. My diesel is the hot rod/money pit. Always fun when you blow the doors off camaro/sti/mustang/ricer hehe

Of the many dynos ive done and watched, you never get what your hoping.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts