Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

EcoBoost mileage update

Just posted a pic in my gallery

2011_F150_EcoBoost.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up my new EB last Friday. My first trip home from the office, reset on the onramp and checked when i got off ramp, about 30miles easy freeway...
pretty good so far...
View attachment 2041

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah that's pretty awesome-- I've never seen mileage like that in mine. I presume yours is a shorter truck with higher gearing?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Anymore real world data? I'm getting the itch again to swap out rides (I know I know)...and I much prefer being in a truck (be cool to have a 150, 250 and 350 in the driveway). I've got a buddy at work that has a 2wd CC with the EB, he's claiming 26-28mpg's hwy. I keep seeing reports of upper 20's on the hwy, and I could seriously be persuaded in to a new/year old truck if that's the case.

Any idea what configuration(s) might be getting these upper 20's mpgs. I saw there's a 3.15 gearing for these trucks. It would be a 2wd rig, have to be a CC. Bed length, I really don't care. Or are those numbers a bunch of bull pies???

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Those numbers don't look realistic to me. I frequent another F150 forum now for the simple fact that there are tons of guys with EBs over there-- and obviously one of the most talked-about topics is gas mileage.

In my truck (Crew Cab, 6.5' bed, 4x4, 3.73 gears, ~32 tires, max trailer-tow, 10k miles right now) I'm averaging 17.5 mpg on my daily commute-- mixed city/highway over the last several thousand miles. On the highway I average about 20-21 mpg, depending on several factors-- weight in the truck, wind direction/speed, topography of the road. But my truck is 1 step away from being the worst gas-mileage configuration; the only worse factor would be the 4.10 gearing offered in the FX4.

From what I've seen other guys talking about with their EBs-- the BEST you'll see is gonna be somewhere around 25 mpg, and that's really the top end. I've never seen anyone get near 28 mpg. And unfortunately you're probably not gonna get real close to that top end with a Crew Cab.

What appears to be the best setup for mileage is SuperCab (can't get short cab short bed), 5.5' bed, 2wd, 3.15 gears. In real world driving, with minimal stop and go, I'll bet you wouldn't have a hard time floating around 23-24 mpg average in a truck like that. But any kind of acceleration in this truck kills the mileage because of the turbos-- you can get a nice high average but once you start the stop-n-go's in starts dropping rapidly. The killer on the highway is speed-- after you pass 60 mph your mileage will drop fairly rapidly. I can average about 20 mpg at 65, but I average like 17-18 at 75.

Overall-- wouldn't trade my EB for any other motor. I truly love it.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Chris...exactly what I was looking for. Might be worth renting one, or doing a 3 day test drive of one to see what I can. Honestly, 23-24mpg's wouldn't be a deal killer...would just have to see how consistently I could get it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
FWIW, the OL's Lincoln is getting around 20 mpg (USA) combined. Curb weight is around 5000#.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Thanks Chris...exactly what I was looking for. Might be worth renting one, or doing a 3 day test drive of one to see what I can. Honestly, 23-24mpg's wouldn't be a deal killer...would just have to see how consistently I could get it.

Ben... that is a sure sign you're making too much money... it's burning a hole in your pocket :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben... that is a sure sign you're making too much money... it's burning a hole in your pocket :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

HAHA...that it is. Really though, I was enticed by some of claimed mpg's (hogwash or not) and I'd really be happier in a truck. This doesn't have to happen, just something I was entertaining if it was feasible.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts