Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dusty headliner?

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Bought a headliner for my truck, from a salvaged truck. It is dusty and has a small tear in it. What's the best way to remove the dust from the headliner? and repair this tear?

Tyl

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I use pledge and cloth. However, if it's really caked on there...I use WD-40 and a cloth.

Fellro

Staff member
If it is just dust, take a vacuum to it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If it is just dust, take a vacuum to it.

Only problem with that is...vacuums have tendancy to just push the dust around instead of pick it up. It's great if you have chunks of stuff that need to be picked up, but I have yet to see a vacuum with enough power or finesse to be able to dust for you.

Another avenue I tpyically use to dust is...A California Duster. I do my exterior, dash, etc...there's no reason it wouldn't work on a head liner. But after I california dusted it, I'd armour-all it.

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
No sir, no silicone or armor all for me.

I did vaccuum the downstairs last night and have the headliner propped against the wall beside my room entrance, so as piglet's famous words, 'surewhynot'. Unfortunnately, the nozzle I had would take me a day or so. It did get the large dust balls out. I will try it with the pledge venue.

I appreciate the suggestion.

Tyl

Fellro

Staff member
I was actually referring to a vac with a hose, not the brush types.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts