Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Door shutting hard...is new latch the answer?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Just to be clear...I have no issues with the foreign made stuff as they can make it crappier, as good or better than what is made here....it boils down to what we want to pay and we are usually our own worst enemies as we want it cheap.
My point was that NOS and Ford made parts are typically going to be of a better quality fit and finish than the typical aftermarket part.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I had replaced the weatherstripping on the doors of my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat recently, and I have to slam my doors which is the down side of the new weatherstripping , but the upside is the new weatherstripping is that the truck is real quiet in the cab almost like a Crown Vicky or Town Car.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Japan used to copy designs and manufacture US made tools and parts to a T.
I've got tools that I bought from estates or auctions that were made in Japan.
The quality is excellent.

^^^ I still have a complete set of combination wrenches 1/4" to 1 1/4" that I bought in 1979 as a mechanic's apprentice. They were purchased at a Ford tractor dealership. They were manufactured in Japan. And, yes, they have been used.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts