Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Do you have the owners manual or other paperwork that came with your truck?

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
mine is a 3 owner truck (i'm #3) and i got a bunch of paper work, ill have to go through it to see whats what.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I got lucky with all the rigs that are in my daily rotation, and believe I have every manual, booklet or piece of paperwork that came with the vehicles. I bought the '77 from the original family that custom ordered it. I bought my 79 Bronco from the original owner who has been the head partsman at various Ford dealerships in Charlotte. The '96, my father custom ordered back in 95, so I still have every document that ever came with the truck.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I'm the second owner of my truck. I found the original build sheet under the carpet on the passenger side of the truck. I also sent away for the build sheet from Ford directly. It took about 5 weeks. I have every repair receipt since new, the owner's manual, an original brochure, specifications (mid year and end of the year) and NOW, .... the NOS Ford shop manuals. this information is invaluable to me. You can also get some if it on eBay. Oh, and I have a Haynes repair manual..
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I also sent away for the build sheet from Ford directly. It took about 5 weeks. NOW, .... the NOS Ford shop manuals. this information is invaluable to me. You can also get some if it on eBay. Oh, and I have a Haynes repair manual..
Dak

Hey Dak...I always wondered...where on earth do you guys send the letter requesting the build sheet. If you could post or PM me the address that would be awesome. Also, weren't you the one that got all the original manuals new in the shrink wrap?

What are these? Do they show how everything comes apart and have a lot of wiring diagrams?

These are the 5 volume set. My 77 stuff is in a green cover, and my 79 stuff is red and white. They are great. They do have diagrams and a trouble shooting section. I'm not sure they go in depth as some of Dennis' stuff, but they haven't failed me yet. My original set obviously came with the truck, but about 5 years ago when I wanted another set for my 77 (so I could keep the originals in great condition) I dropped about $300 for the 5 volume set. A few months ago when I wanted another set for my 79, I dropped $150-200...so they are getting cheaper, and some guys get killer deals, you just gotta be patient.

What Ford provides now is not actually a build sheet.

It is a letter describing a basic makeup list of the vehicle.

The original build sheet is much more valuable.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakonthemountain View Post
I also sent away for the build sheet from Ford directly. It took about 5 weeks. NOW, .... the NOS Ford shop manuals. this information is invaluable to me. You can also get some if it on eBay. Oh, and I have a Haynes repair manual..
Dak
Hey Dak...I always wondered...where on earth do you guys send the letter requesting the build sheet. If you could post or PM me the address that would be awesome. Also, weren't you the one that got all the original manuals new in the shrink wrap?

Hey Ben,
I haven't been home since last week, but I will get the info on the info sheet from Ford and post it.. And yup, I was the one that got the manuals in the shrink wrap. Brank spanking new! They were on eBay for only $80 or so. I already had the Engine one, so I will continue using it and save the new one for "good"
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright Dak...thanks. And go ahead keep rubbing in the fact you got NEW manuals.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
To request a build sheet, send an email to [email protected], and include the following information:

Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Cellular Phone Number:
Daytime Phone Number:
Home Phone Number:
Odometer Reading:
Servicing Dealership:
VIN#:
Year of truck:
Model:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Chris...appreciate it. Got a couple questions though...WTH does odo readings have to do with info I want on my truck? Secondly, a servicing dealership is where you get your rig worked on right? If you do your own work...just put down the closest dealership?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Not sure why they wanted all that info, that's just what I was told.

As for the servicing dealership-- yeah I did what you're saying, just put the closest dealership. I dont think any of the other info really matters-- the important stuff is your name/address/VIN# ;)

QualityControlCard.jpg

See how much those manuals were back then in 79 ?

79OwnersmanualBackPage.jpg

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
My truck was so stripped down when I got it, not a thing was found. The rubber floor mat was already gone, and when I pulled down the headliner (which looked to have never been removed) my fingers were crossed, but nada. The seat still had its build sheet, but it came out of a '95 f150, so the only value it had was when I had a custom seat cover made for it. Nothing in the glovebox - because it didn't even have one anymore. I had to have Dennis decode my warranty tag a while back just to find out how much of the original truck I still had, lol. It has since morphed into a "Ranger" appearance-wise.

I bought my '70 recently and was amazed to find the factory build sheet
behind the springs in the seatback! If you are into keeping an all original
truck, finding your original build specs is hard on a 39year old truck, I got
lucky!!

Cool. :)

I was handed one with the rest of the papers when I picked it up in Safford.
But yeah, mine had another build sheet inside the seat back too. :)

Special ordered mine and it was being built right now (January) 34 years ago.

Haven't been able to find the red lettered "where to put the camper" sheet
lately tho. :/ It also lists the options and how much weight they add (or
subtract) from the front and rear axles.

I bet Dennis has one scanned off tho! ;)

Mil1ion wrote:
> See how much those manuals were back then in 79 ?
> http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...alBackPage.jpg

They were that cheap in '79?
I was thinking I paid $31 for mine.
Either way, I got my manuals in Dec of '74 and the pickup in Feb of '75.
Had the manuals longer than the pickup. LOL :)

Alvin in AZ
'75 F150 360FE T18 A/C and no friggin radio ;)

I have this though. all 13 pages of it.

camper5.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts