Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
On a different note, I had a good chat with a powder coating place today. For them to blast the frame and the odd thing that I might not be able to do, powdercoat everything...and I mean everything...frame, driveshafts, engine, transmission, transfer case, gas tank, inner fenders...absolutely freakin' everything they ballparked me around 5k. He suggested as a couple of you did here to go black semi gloss for a kind of OEM look. He figures they can do everything in one shot...I'll post progress as it happens.
I also talked to a chroming shop about chroming the grille shell...he told me they could but no warranty as the base metal is so soft....he figures it will chip...you guys got any thoughts on this?
Also...thanks for your reply Dennis

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Found a few more pics that I thought I'd lost when my computer crashed...there is no rust anywhere.

79_Truck.jpg

from_Val_581.JPG

from_Val_577.JPG

from_Val_579.JPG

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
That's a geourgous truck D!!!

I wish that I didn't have to deal with rust issues.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Im sorry the grill shell, you said that chroming place said it might chip due to the how soft the base metal is... Just curious what its made of...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Aluminum..although it is an original grill and it is far from flimsy...I still don't know what I'm gonna do with it. There are no dents whatsover in the grill shell but it is somewhat pitted with a few minor scratches.

Dang Duncan, that is going to Pimp when your done w/ it; You really gonna beat on it?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Dang Duncan, that is going to Pimp when your done w/ it; You really gonna beat on it?

Thanks Aaron..the drivetrain will be beefed enough for good street launches and the most off road it will see will be forest service roads...It was never the intention to run it hard offroad.

Goodness that truck is clean. Great work for far!

Thanks...I'll probably do some more tomorrow.

Thanks Aaron..the drivetrain will be beefed enough for good street launches and the most off road it will see will be forest service roads...It was never the intention to run it hard offroad.

Thanks...I'll probably do some more tomorrow.

Can I help? :(

I miss this.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks guys...I'm hoping to have it ready for the summer....we will see how it goes.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
looks great duncan...
So you goin for a street bruiser kind of truck?
Or have an average looking truck that will spank the honda boys?

Thanks Don....the plan is for it to look stock...no lift or anything...and I'm sure it should surprise a few Honda etc...hehehehe. smilieFordlogo

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Thanks Don....the plan is for it to look stock...no lift or anything...and I'm sure it should surprise a few Honda etc...hehehehe. smilieFordlogo

Just keep the hubs locked in, you'll suprise more than Hondas..............Vette's, Porshe's.......................smiliepeelout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts