Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Any info on adding a trans temp gauge???

Jerome Casi

Missouri Chapter member
Jerome did you confirm that yours is a C6? It could also be an AOD.

No I did not, can you give me an idea of what markings I should look for, I will go take a flashlight and crawl under, my apologies I thought the c6 was the only trans for this year on the truck, dont hate me cause Im new smilieneenar

Totally off topic, but when you get to St. Louis...contact the MO chapter here on the forum. There are quite a few members up in that area. They get together every so often too.

Jerome Casi

Missouri Chapter member
Totally off topic, but when you get to St. Louis...contact the MO chapter here on the forum. There are quite a few members up in that area. They get together every so often too.

Good deal that would be fun, is there a link for that somewhere on this site assume? I have been pretty stuck in this forum reading, and the towing forums. Havent got out of my box yet :)

All the chapters are toward the bottom of the main page, but here is a direct link to the MO chapter:

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103

One thing you might consider just before you leave on your trip would be to post in the chapters of the states you are going through and see if anyone lives along the route. Maybe you could have dinner with them one night or something.

I try to do that one any of my short trips when I know a member lives around where I am going through.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Jerome did you confirm that yours is a C6? It could also be an AOD.

I don't think you will find and AOD on an F250 with a 460. The AOD is an updated C4/C5, and was used for light duty applications (mostly cars and smaller engines).

Last edited:

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
You wouldnt happen to remember which adapter size you had to use would you? i went out gauge shopping and browsing, and different manufactures have different adapter sizes, some have 1/4, some have 1/8, some are missing the 1/2" while others are not. Just curious if you happen to remember for the C6, would make my shopping slightly easier.

Thanks again gents

So does shifting and running slower cool the trans, or make it run cooler then?

I don't remember if it is 1/8 or 14", but just get a 1/8 temp sender, and if the gauge doesn't come with a 1/4" adapter they are easy to get. Auto meter and ISSpro used to include 1/4" addapters with there 1/8" sender.

Slowing down may help some, downshifting will only help if you are lugging then engine to pull the grade. If it starts getting warm slow down at the very least but better yet pull over, shift into park and let it idle to cool down the ATF.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts