Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

78 heater core ! no air!

Any tricks to replacement of the heater core on my 78 f250 ? It has no air. Im just wondering why they didn't put an access in the firewall for trucks without the airconditioning crap! I am also having trouble posting pictures of my truck! any ideas or helps ? thanks Dale / coloradojones!

My truck is an f 250 standard custom with a service body bed! I just customized the box on the left side and stuck a overhead camper in there ! lots more work to do but would like to show it off ! thanks

Fellro

Staff member
When I had to do it with my 75, the dash assembly had to be taken loose to get enough distance to get the air box out. It had dealer air, but everything under the hood was missing, so the dealer air got removed too...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Here is a link to the Ford shop manual provided by a member here:

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31386

As far as posting pictures goes....

-click on the gallery tab, third one in from the left at the top of the page

-when you do that, another page comes up and about 1/4 way down the page on the right, you will see "upload photos"

-then another page will come up that lets you browse your computer to upload the files....then when the files are uploaded, you can copy the "bb" code and paste it into your thread.

If you are still not sure, just ask :)

Thanks for the replies! It is not leaking so i will attempt to flush it first! Then as you all say i will take the unit loose and do the deed!

Next project is Dana 60 rear brake conversion to disc ! Any good kits out there?? Thanks Dale

Well , so far so good ! I used some generic CLR and then vineagar let it set , blew it out with air! flushed it 4 times with clean water ! I think i got about 75 % flow in the heater core ,made my feet sweat in my shoes!
Next up new receiver hitch ! Merry Christmas !!!

Heater is working great now! Looking for rear sway bar setup !?? I still can not load photos of the truck , with the camper on it really sways and the wind takes over! I put 265 75 16 tires on it last month that took care of much of the problem ,but i want to remove even more sway! Any ideas on cross over years or kits 78 f 250 4x4 with service bed and full size overhead camper! very tall

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
As far as pictures, if you push reply, then the box comes up you type in
scroll down until you see the small box that says manage attachments

hit that button
a box pops up and asks you where in your computer you want to go, you pick the pictures, then the picture you want.

dbl click the picture
click upload

go to the second submit reply

boom you have printed your picture

Attachments

• images[1].jpg
Last edited:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
You can also use a host site like photobucket

Finally loaded some photos!!!

I found a used rear swaybar for my 78 f250 ! now i need the drop /end links for it! 2 of them ! I tried to remove the the links from the sway bar and replace the bushings and the bottoms broke off ! I need to find the links ! Any ideas , I have tried LMC truck. whitney, amazon a few other places ! I can find links for the f150 but not the f250. ????

Fellro

Staff member
Depends what the links look like. If they are the typical bolt/washers/bushings/spacer pipe setup. you can find some that are the same length or make your own.

My pictures finally loaded, they were somehow not supported in the files so i had to resave them in my system before they would upload! thanks for all the advise!

I find it interesting that companies sell the f150 sway bar parts but not the 250 ! Grr I did find some on ebay that look right ,so i ordered them ! If they come in and do not work i guess i will modify them myself! Feels like such a waste of time! lol I should have just made my own from the begining!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts