Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

78 Ford Bronco Concept

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Maybe if this was in some horrible rap music video...I'll pass.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Here's my take, do I like it in a sense yes. Why? Because it is in fact different it takes brass to do something different knowing most in the FSB community will shun the creation. Would I own it? Yes then i'd do a full length shell in chop form because that's one of the thing I do like not too much just a subtle change. Wheels/tires, 16s, 17s, MAYBE 18s, and some serious rubber, I'm mixed with the grill.

To each their own though, nobody is wrong for either liking or disliking it. The old saying, "Anybody can restore an old rig, but it takes a real man to cut one up" comes to mind...

And Duncan, you can't spell crap without rap...

460Trucker

Aren't all rap type videos crap?

Hmm...in fact...they really all are! I'd much rather see Boston sing More Than A Feeling (fantastic song) in a trippy video as opposed to this...talent?...jumping around throwing gang signs and driving poorly modded Broncos :suspicious:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
460Trucker said:
Hmm...in fact...they really all are! I'd much rather see Boston sing More Than A Feeling (fantastic song) in a trippy video as opposed to this...talent?...jumping around throwing gang signs and driving poorly modded Broncos :suspicious:

Love Boston and that song. I had that LP.

So you think an amateur or just anyone can do mods like that done on this rig? Like it or not, professional work was done on this Bronc.

460Trucker

Love Boston and that song. I had that LP.

So you think an amateur or just anyone can do mods like that done on this rig? Like it or not, professional work was done on this Bronc.

I never said that anyone can do those mods. As long as you have the money you can have these things done though. No doubt there is professional quality and clean work done there, I just feel it ruins what the Bronco was intended for. Plus I am not a fan of the whole big fancy wheel/thin tire look. I believe it is highly impractical and not worth the effort put forth to make it look like that.

And yes, Boston is one of the best groups to come out of the 70's. My father saw them live in the late 70's. He said that Brad Delp was extremely drunk, but still hit the high note on More Than A Feeling!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
460Trucker said:
I never said that anyone can do those mods. As long as you have the money you can have these things done though. No doubt there is professional quality and clean work done there, I just feel it ruins what the Bronco was intended for. Plus I am not a fan of the whole big fancy wheel/thin tire look. I believe it is highly impractical and not worth the effort put forth to make it look like that.

And yes, Boston is one of the best groups to come out of the 70's. My father saw them live in the late 70's. He said that Brad Delp was extremely drunk, but still hit the high note on More Than A Feeling!

Yeah, I hear ya!

460Trucker

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
460Trucker said:
Glad ya did :)

Just out of curiosity, what were you referring to about "talent"?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
460Trucker said:

Talent?.......

460Trucker

I was making a comparison of me preferring 70's rock (I am a 70's rock nut) over rap. "Talent" referred to the crap rap/pop music of today.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
460Trucker said:
I was making a comparison of me preferring 70's rock (I am a 70's rock nut) over rap. "Talent" referred to the crap rap/pop music of today.

Well then I'm 1000% on board with that! Compared to some of the favs I grew up with on the 80's, it's not even close.....today's stuff is pretty c-rappy!

460Trucker

Well then I'm 1000% on board with that! Compared to some of the favs I grew up with on the 80's, it's not even close.....today's stuff is pretty c-rappy!

Agreed! 80's had some great rock too, I enjoy hair metal like Motley Crue (one of my favorites). Not to mention what a lot of bands who started out in the 70's did in the 80's like Journey and Van Halen.

tedrow42

Missouri Chapter member
They could have done that 2 an auto and let me have this 1 its hard to find one of these with a 4 speed around me

Edit: never mind my phone wouldn't soom in the first time looked like a 4 speed shifter

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Agreed! 80's had some great rock too, I enjoy hair metal like Motley Crue (one of my favorites). Not to mention what a lot of bands who started out in the 70's did in the 80's like Journey and Van Halen.

White Lion, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Billy Idol and the ones you mentioned Journey and Van Halen, MAN, IT'S BRINGING BACK MEMORIES. I can see myself swapping LP's and setting the needle!

They could have done that 2 an auto and let me have this 1 its hard to find one of these with a 4 speed around me

Edit: never mind my phone wouldn't soom in the first time looked like a 4 speed shifter

True....there are plenty of classic 4x's this guy could've pimped out. Maybe it was his dad's.....or maybe it was just the one he saw, maybe he has an attachment to that year/model. Who knows. smilieFordlogo

460Trucker

White Lion, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Billy Idol and the ones you mentioned Journey and Van Halen, MAN, IT'S BRINGING BACK MEMORIES. I can see myself swapping LP's and setting the needle!

Haha! Those are great bands. Don't forget Iron Maiden! My top five are:

1. Ted Nugent
2. Aerosmith
3.The MC5 (Started in 60's, influenced a lot of major bands)
4. AC/DC
5. Motley Crue

YelloThumbUp

460Trucker

MOTLEY CRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h*ll ya!!!!

girls girls girls

At the Dollhouse in Ft. Lauderdale! GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS!

They are touring with KISS this summer, must be a great show.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts