Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351 Vs 352 questions

I have never owned a yugo, nor have I wanted to.

But...they would be really good for the soil down there. They rust so quickly...it would add lots of iron to the sand.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
You could probably use a 390 rebuild kit, and 390 stroker stuff. I just wish I knew more... :p

I really like this idea tho. Very, very, original.

Correct, I have mis-matched parts to build some FE's. I beleive the bearings to be the same sizes, the ring size is what changes with the bore. Get yourself one of those how to build a FE motor book and you'll see the different combo's you can do.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I have always been a big fan of the FE series engines. I had a 65 Ford with a 352 in it. Later I built a hot 390 for it. I've had several other trucks with 390's and a galaxy with a 410 FE out of a mercury parklane. What a tire burner that was. :D

I punched out my 390 .060 over, big cam, that thing was a animal couldn't blow it up. I was going to open it to 428 bore size but there wouldn't be much cylinder wall left. I have atleast 4 or 5 FE engines hanging around the house right now, including a 410 Merc motor. Have a set of 13:1 pistons waiting to go into one. Just need to find something to put it in.

I punched out my 390 .060 over, big cam, that thing was a animal couldn't blow it up. I was going to open it to 428 bore size but there wouldn't be much cylinder wall left. I have atleast 4 or 5 FE engines hanging around the house right now, including a 410 Merc motor. Have a set of 13:1 pistons waiting to go into one. Just need to find something to put it in.

Thats like my 390 waiting to go into a 63 Thunderbird. Bored and stroked to around 415ci, polished ports, fully balanced, and totally rebuilt. Many have seen the photo, but I will post it up:

P1010031-1.jpg

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Thats like my 390 waiting to go into a 63 Thunderbird. Bored and stroked to around 415ci, polished ports, fully balanced, and totally rebuilt. Many have seen the photo, but I will post it up:

P1010031-1.jpg

I like that intake I had one of those cross ram intakes once wish I still had it.

I thought you were like 16, what are you doing with that engine :p and why not put it in your truck?

Well, its my dads engine and we are working on the project together. Times are tight now though. You know how that goes...

Edit: I also live in the Peoples Republic of California, so the smog Nazis would never allow that engine in the truck... :p

When the Tbird is finished, even it has to be smogged (only once though) before it can get new tags (last registered in 92, currently non-op)...

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles