Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2012 Truck of the Year vote

2012 Truck of the Year

• 95F350XL (Jan.)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • 5.0Flareside (Feb.)

• amkatt1 (Mar.)

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • 460Trucker (Apr.)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • 73F100Shortbed (May)

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • m78 (June)

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • taxreliever (July)

• DNFXDLI (Aug.)

• tinman52 (Sept.)

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • F 150Cobra (Oct.)

• BuzzGun79 (Nov.)

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tinman52

Tin bender
Since I'm a relatively new guy here I really don't expect to win.....but I thought I would put up this pic to show my truck is a driver, not a trailer queen. This pic was taken about 550 miles from where I live.....

Dang, now I want to take my truck out of storage and DRIVE it! Kinda chilly here though....

DSCN0101.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Alright....heavy duty whoring:

HPIM0267.JPG

HPIM0270.JPG

HPIM0269.JPG

IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

HPIM0730.JPG

HPIM0729.JPG

HPIM0727.JPG

HPIM0726.JPG

And to give you a perspective on the size of that front axle:

DSC00795.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Are those tractor/trailer setups common up there? Don't think I've ever seen one before...

Very common....most trailers are tridems as well.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
It took me litrally a 1/2hr to figure out who to vote for.

That F750 is bad *** though....that guy in that western star musta never heard of power dividers :) He doesnt look THAT stuck...

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Working in construction, I'm always surprised at how easily big trucks get stuck. It's an everyday problem... Duncan's picture, however, looks like somewhere I would not take a truck in the first place...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It took me litrally a 1/2hr to figure out who to vote for.

That F750 is bad *** though....that guy in that western star musta never heard of power dividers :) He doesnt look THAT stuck...

Power dividers woudn't have done anything in that mud....he was very stuck.
The mud/clay/silt here is hard to describe....very sticky and slick.
Our 750 has lockers both front and rear and I was skating on that stuff.

Working in construction, I'm always surprised at how easily big trucks get stuck. It's an everyday problem... Duncan's picture, however, looks like somewhere I would not take a truck in the first place...

As much as I woud like to mock the Teamster driver :D...I do feel for him....those poor bastards are sent to these jobs and told to get there trucks in there or there is a sh*tacane from the builder/concrete finisher..etc..etc.
It's one of the reasons we got that 750 converted to 4x4....we get to these acreages and you can't get in...gravel is not an option as it just gets buried in a matter of hours/days.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Power dividers woudn't have done anything in that mud....he was very stuck.
The mud/clay/silt here is hard to describe....very sticky and slick.
Our 750 has lockers both front and rear and I was skating on that stuff.

As much as I woud like to mock the Teamster driver :D...I do feel for him....those poor bastards are sent to these jobs and told to get there trucks in there or there is a sh*tacane from the builder/concrete finisher..etc..etc.
It's one of the reasons we got that 750 converted to 4x4....we get to these acreages and you can't get in...gravel is not an option as it just gets buried in a matter of hours/days.

What happens when they put grass on top of that and water it for five years? :suspicious:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You get prairie grass :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts