Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1987 F250 cab swap. How?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hopefully some of the other guys will chime in, pretty sure a few guys have more pinpoint advice.

Fellro

Staff member
It depends where you stand on what they are worth. Time wise and such, I would say it is a good deal. I can't begin to get such a cab around here for that money, but that is because I stand in the rust belt. I realize you got the whole truck for that, but I would say the condition is a big part of why. That is actually pretty bad for even this area... Seems the rust is usually the rear cab corners and floor pans around here.

As to the cab swap, the clip unbolts from the front of the cab, then the two bolts to the frame under the rad support and the entire clip comes off. You have bolts on the top of the fender and behind the door, and just under the bottom of the fender. There is a couple bolts if I remember holding the inner fender liner to the cab as well. I can eyeball the ones I have, maybe snap some pics and walk you through it. I generally just look at all the possible attachment points and see what I can find for hardware and go from there. The hood will come off separate from the clip, but the fenders, inner fenderwells and nose clip can all be taken off together. Cab itself is simple, the holes in the back of the floor hide the bolt heads there, and the others at the front of the cab undo it there. It really isn't that hard in regards to the physical removal.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts