Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Truck Coming Your Way, Vince

blacksnapon

Staff member
Theres Your Problem!

Picture_069.jpg
Picture_072.jpg

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
OK... so I am not a mechanic... is the difference that your checking vertically rather than horizontaly? By checking up and down by each valve, you can see where it is "warped" and when checking along the long axis it is not as accurate?

Is that the point your making Vince.... if so... I got it...

Give me a star for the day!!!!
YelloThumbUp :beer: YelloThumbUp :beer: YelloThumbUp

Vince is that a fuel crossover line I see on the end of the Head.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Vince, could you see any evidence as to where the exhaust gases were getting into the cooling system? Any chance when you get to that point, you can tell us how many hours are on the engine?
Usually, when you pull off the heads, the gaskets will stick to both the head and the block. The result is, the gasket is damaged. Because of the multi-layer steel construction, its very difficult to visually see defects. I'll see if I can find some "hidden" information.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
It's better than those Ford/Motorcraft you-tube videos I have seen... how boring.

Vince... you should publish yuor own "How-To" book based upon the "real world" way to check and fix a 6.0L PSD motor!!!!

When will it be available on Amazon?????

blacksnapon

Staff member
It's better than those Ford/Motorcraft you-tube videos I have seen... how boring.

Vince... you should publish yuor own "How-To" book based upon the "real world" way to check and fix a 6.0L PSD motor!!!!

When will it be available on Amazon?????
If I gave up all my secrets, I'd have to kill all of you!smilieneenar

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I think Vince should apply to be the head mechanic/engineer at Ford corporate.

Maybe what they need up there is some "real-world" mechanic who "thinks outside of the box" and gets things done... fast and right!!!

Some engineer in Deerborn is upset since Vince is using a part made to test the 6.4L on the 6.0L... amazing!!!!!!

Vince, when are you coming back up to Kansas City, lets have dinner?

blacksnapon

Staff member
I think Vince should apply to be the head mechanic/engineer at Ford corporate.

Maybe what they need up there is some "real-world" mechanic who "thinks outside of the box" and gets things done... fast and right!!!

Some engineer in Deerborn is upset since Vince is using a part made to test the 6.4L on the 6.0L... amazing!!!!!!

Vince, when are you coming back up to Kansas City, lets have dinner?
If I get that way, I'll definately call you!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts