Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

you know you drive a ford truck when

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
you can fit a mini in the box

The OL's father bought one of those Fiat things (yeah I know, already revoked his man card)...and dimensionally, it would easily fit in Red's bed.

you have 3 rooms full of parts

I have a 10x10 shed, a 10x14 shed, a 6x6 nook in the carport and the NOS stuff stays in my closet. Given, the sheds were patially filled by my father's dentside hobby.

you buy complete trucks for parts

Since a revision of the neighborhood ordinances, I can't bring parts trucks home anymore:(

you have 5 of them ones always in the garage to play with

I've found the reverse to be true...all but one of them in the garage to tinker on...they're never finished.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What's a "neighborhood ordinance" Ben?

My neighborhood doesn't have a true Home Owner's Association, but it doesn't want to allow everyone to just do what they want and potentially drop property values.

My neighborhood doesn't have a true Home Owner's Association, but it doesn't want to allow everyone to just do what they want and potentially drop property values.

:hehehm: Maybe you could tell the neighbors they need to realize that having Ford trucks (projects or not) in your front yard would increase property values in your local neighborhood by fostering community interest/spirit.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^I like where your head is at. Funny thing is, it's not uncommon at all for neighbors to come on over for a diagnosis, brake job, etc.

when your wife complains the bench seat "gives her a backache"
your back up,signal lights dont work
replaceing your heater motor is a one or 2 day love affair with the floor
you get stopped for weaving side to side and your not drunk you just did the front end and thought it drove pretty good
you go to replace a tail light bulb and find a wrench
all the garages in town "come to you for parts"

when your wife complains the bench seat "gives her a backache"
Never in my Dent and used to in my '91 just going to town.
What's the seat spring situation in your bench seat?

Guess which one is from a '75 and which one is from a '91...
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/seat-springs.jpg

Here's the fix and just got done with a long-round-trip all in
one day and realized I never even thought for one second
about the seat not feeling good! LOL :)
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/seat-springs1.jpg

Alvin in AZ
ps- I don't have pictures but some of the newer seats use
little coil springs and they too need to be "doubled up".

Last edited:
When your kids and their friends want to use it for the school ball ..... and they got 1st prize for the coolest ride - i'd forgotten about this until i was downloading the files from my camera this morning ..... this is my stepdaughter and her mates at the ball earlier on this year.
The kids had gotten me to get some purple paint for the picnic table and once we had painted that they spent ages dressing up my truck - we even reused the hanging lanterns from our wedding to light up the umbrella.

Chloe_Ball.JPG

school_ball.JPG

Very cool Mark. A great bunch of memories for everyone involved.
We have very similar memories when we decorated my truck and trailer for the Air Museum here with the help of teenagers from the Civil Air Patrol for our local Elks Parade. Like your truck the judges seem to like how the old Ford was decorated as we came in third out of 300 entries.:)
Float2.jpg

Float.jpg

When a drunk chick t-bones your dad in his 1969 four door ford, putting her in a coma and not even throwing his truck out of alignment. He drove his truck after that for another two years before getting rid of it

You know your driving a ford when your $800 34 year old ford runs better then your $5000 18 year old gmc. (on a side note, if anyone is interested I have a lovely 1994 gmc stepside up for sale on the Medford craigslist)

you know all you will ever drive is a ford when at the age 5 your parents didnt care if you said **** as long as chevy is in front of it

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
You know you drive a Ford truck when....

You can change tail light sockets and rewire them in the dark with nothing but your teeth and duct tape (gotta love old Ford wireing).

You never pay attention to what the gauges say.

Its automatic to stop at every other gas station along your route.

When going around a curve, you dont find it odd the steering wheel is straight and your still turning...

You carry a 5lb sledge in your bed to get your tailgate down...

I could go on and on :)

you know your driving a ford when your girlfriend gets pissed that you spend more time with your truck than you do her

you know your driving a ford when you go buy a fiat and are hauling it in your bed.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
One more...

People drop their jaw when you pop your hood on your 3/4 ton with a 30ft gooseneck horsetrailer behind it and they see a Inline 6.

Just ask my grandpa bout that one...we went to many a horse show with 3 horses in that trailer in a 94 F250 with the good ol 300.

Only time that engine ever complained was in the mountains of tennesee...but it still did it.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
You buy a diesel for longevity and reliability just to lose your oil cooler, egr cooler and fuel injectors in one year.

:D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts