Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

you know you drive a ford truck when

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
(you know you drive a dentside when).........................you get stuck in 4ft of snow on an early warm spring day and your Dad comes to try and rescue you with his Super Duty........................and you both end up riding home in the dentside because you managed to dig it out in an hour and the Super Duty got stuck long before it could get close enough to you to hook up a strap.........................a JD 7700 comes in handy in these situations!!!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
(you know you drive a dentside when).........................you get stuck in 4ft of snow on an early warm spring day and your Dad comes to try and rescue you with his Super Duty........................and you both end up riding home in the dentside because you managed to dig it out in an hour and the Super Duty got stuck long before it could get close enough to you to hook up a strap.........................a JD 7700 comes in handy in these situations!!!

AHEM! This isn't a John Deere Forum. The ford is supposed to pull the tractor out! smilieFordlogo

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
AHEM! This isn't a John Deere Forum. The ford is supposed to pull the tractor out! smilieFordlogo

Yeah, I suppose that I could have left that part out. Hahahaha

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You know you drive a Ford truck when you're in a head on car crash, end up on your side and hit a telephone pole, yet walk away with only a bruise on you chest where the seat belt caught and restrained you.

You know you are driving a Ford. When after 36 years and 430,000 miles of work and play. Your truck is still tight and rattle free.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
you guys are gonna love this one..you know your driving a Ford truck when your wife rearends you & there is no damage on the truck....it wipped out the total front end of my 79 LTD 2 Sport on christmas eve some time ago.i let her take the car out for a spin to go shopping & it was a nice dry day.at the mall she got a flat,i went to her aid & she followed me home.some jerk pulls out in front of me & i anker down the truck,she didnt have a chance..lol i was sick it was a very clean car.Merry Christmas Dear!..lol

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Another incident i was involved in with the same rig 76 f-100 stepside.while driving home from work,i see an older town car coming to the intersection & he blows the stop sign.i new instantly he was going to hit me,so i swerved to the right & mat it hoping to avoid the collision.he hits me in the left rear tire square,this spun the truck completely around & comes to rest{i had 33's on the rear thank god}i get out of the truck & see if he's ok & inspect the truck for damage.i couldnt find a scratch! his car the hit sent the radiator into the fan..i was dumbfounded,he began to plead with me not to report the incident because he fell asleep at the wheel & had no insurance.i replied well i dont see damage to my rig,but there could be unseen damage.he tells me to try to move the truck which i did watching that tire..it did wobble a bit & i told him that & would have to make out a report for my insurance to get it repaired.he pulls out 500 bucks & hands it to me.so i did feel sorry for him & i let him go.i drove the truck home raised the rear & found a bent axle at the hub.fixed it for 50 bucks & was on my way!

Last March I had a defibulator put in my chest. When I was getting discharged my wife went to get my truck ('70 SWB). She had backed out into the center lane of the parking lot shifting into drive when a guy in a minivan backed into her left rear. I have no rear bumper on the truck. The minivan wiped out the rear gate & tail light. When I checked my truck the only damage I could find was the left marker light was broken.

You know you are driving an old Ford truck. When men in their 20's and 30's come up and tell you "Your truck is not a Ranger." after they see the Ranger logo on it. :)

At times driving an old truck you do feel a bit like a history teacher. But that's okay I like history.

primetime

sawmill slave
People who have just found you have parts trucks ask if you have blah-blah part for their x-brand brand blah-blah, and bystanders start laughing and say, that man only drives Fords!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
You know you are driving an old Ford truck. When men in their 20's and 30's come up and tell you "Your truck is not a Ranger." after they see the Ranger logo on it. :)

I cannot tell you how many times this has rattled my bones!!!

"Hey, I like your Ranger"

"It's an F-150 Ranger"

"But it says Ranger!!!"

"Grunt"

- OR - people that sell their ranger packaged trucks online as rangers. IE 1973 Ranger for sale.

Out here its "what the hell is that you're driving" ........ there are'nt too many of these out here so i'm always getting asked what it is.

I cannot tell you how many times this has rattled my bones!!!
"Hey, I like your Ranger"
"It's an F-150 Ranger"
"But it says Ranger!!!"
"Grunt"
- OR - people that sell their ranger packaged trucks online as rangers.
{i.e. ;} 1973 Ranger for sale.
Hmmm... maybe just get yourself some anti-bone-rattling meds? ;)
Or get-back-on your anti-bone-rattling meds? 8-0

When seeing ads for old Rangers I thought it was kinda cool they were
using the old terminology like was used back when they were new. :)

YMMV

Butthead in AZ

you know your driving a "dent" when,
you get 10 mpg but its paid for
you can fit a mini in the box
you have 3 rooms full of parts
you buy complete trucks for parts
you have 5 of them ones always in the garage to play with
when you are known as "the old ford man" in my little town

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts