Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

you know you drive a ford truck when

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
One more...

People drop their jaw when you pop your hood on your 3/4 ton with a 30ft gooseneck horsetrailer behind it and they see a Inline 6.

Just ask my grandpa bout that one...we went to many a horse show with 3 horses in that trailer in a 94 F250 with the good ol 300.

Only time that engine ever complained was in the mountains of tennesee...but it still did it.

When I would go to the wreckers looking for parts and see the Ford trucks with horse stickers on them, under the the hood was the ol 300! with the manual trans. smilieFordlogo everytime

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
His was auto...with 3.55 gears :)
Used to hit the toll road, 65mph A/Con in O/D.

When the lady on her cell phone runs her small foreign car in to the back of your heavy loaded dent side super cab , knocks the mud loose from under your bumper , sloshes the coffee in your cup around you are holding and destroys the front of her little car. True story as i was waiting for the stop light to change.:flag:

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I had a accord run under the back of my 96 one time...the cop wanted them off the road (it was blockin a major intersection) i threw it in 4 and drove off of her car (back tires were off ground) her car had to be towed :)

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
You know that you're driving a Ford truck, when people say sweet truck, and ask you what it is, and I tell them that it is a 1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat, and some of them think that it is the little Ranger, and I tell them no it's an F-150 Ranger, and I also manage to turn a few heads as well, and manage to dust a
Bavarian Milk Wagon a.k.a BMW and Mercedes Benz too, without even trying.

you know you drive a ford when your 300 6 runs on 5,radiator blows and you do a 5 dollar quick steel fix and it still starts and runs everytime and doesnt leave you sitting for more than 20 mins when something does act up(carb bolts came loose one night in a burger king parking lot, truck started i got it moving and it died 10 sec later. pop the hood carb leaking gas like crazy so i grab the tool kit and pull the carb off and notice all the screws were loose so i tighten them and put the carb back on and voila no more leak and only 20 mins of work all the while people are driviing thru the drive thru looking at me at 10 pm like wth is he holding in his hand and im thinkin yeah cant to that with yer lil yoy tota when it dies

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
when you get the Nod from all the other Ford owners!

smilieFordlogo

X2!

You also know you're a Ford owner when you know that Ford actually stands for "First On Race Day" and not Fix Or Repair Daily smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
You know that you're driving a Ford truck, when people say sweet truck, and ask you what it is, and I tell them that it is a 1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat, and some of them think that it is the little Ranger, and I tell them no it's an F-150 Ranger, and I also manage to turn a few heads as well, and manage to dust a
Bavarian Milk Wagon a.k.a BMW and Mercedes Benz too, without even trying.

That's funny, but happens to me a lot.....when they see Ranger, the late Ranger 4 banger, 2wd trucks are so branded lately, that people never realized the older Rangers were full sized pick ups!

when you get the Nod from all the other Ford owners!

smilieFordlogo

X3 smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I would be as well Doug :suspicious:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member