Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dent "Parts" We Find

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I need a grille...but damn!

IF and IF that grill is in pristine condition and NOS, I "could" possibly see it being worth that much. A reproduction from DC is about $550 plus crating and shipping fees. I think my 73-77 grill from DC was over $625 all together. Sucks because I could have had a pretty decent whole truck for that or less, but the grills still would have been used and scuffed or dinged. If there is one thing that can make or break a nice restoration is the grill. If that looks like crap than the whole front end looks like crap. So, in that sense I ponied up the cash and purchased a very nice repro, but if you are into NOS than add some cash onto the DC price and you have around the $850. But agreed...DAMN!!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
IF and IF that grill is in pristine condition and NOS, I "could" possibly see it being worth that much. A reproduction from DC is about $550 plus crating and shipping fees. I think my 73-77 grill from DC was over $625 all together. Sucks because I could have had a pretty decent whole truck for that or less, but the grills still would have been used and scuffed or dinged. If there is one thing that can make or break a nice restoration is the grill. If that looks like crap than the whole front end looks like crap. So, in that sense I ponied up the cash and purchased a very nice repro, but if you are into NOS than add some cash onto the DC price and you have around the $850. But agreed...DAMN!!!

Funny you mention DC..I was mentally adding up the costs and to have a NOS part would be preferable.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Also, I was thinking I need all new racetrack trim and right there from DC is over $1000. If I could get all original NOS in mint condition, would I pay over $1000, probably. And that is for trim. So, when you really think things through, the price for that grill is probably worth it with all things considering. It isn't worth it to people who already have one and aren't looking and also if they have access to a supply of cheap parts. When you don't have access to things, then the price of parts and trucks goes up dramatically.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
What do you think of the price on this ? I asked if he had a pair but He only has the one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0533794690&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Well, given the fact that NOS parts have skyrocketed over the past few years, than it's probably about right, but with only one set, that should bring down the price.

If people are willing to pay the cash, NOS parts will just keep going up. I guarantee that if that grill goes for over $850 and one of us had the same part, I'm thinking we would list it for that. More and more people are finding this out.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Anyone seen a grill guard that looks good on our dents? I've always kept an eye out for one, and to date, haven't seen any that really hit me between the eyes

I still have a 6 out of 10 grille surround for my 75 XLT for sale.

I just need the time and energy to remove it from the truck

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts