Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dent "Parts" We Find

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
Yeah I looked at a picture of the real ones after I posted this, and realized they were not the original Ford slotted mags. I've now shown my ignorance :headbang:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
If genuine Ford, there will be three small holes for the center cap emblem's screws and inserts to fit into and the wheel will be marked > > LH < < adjacent to the valve stem.

All Ford styled steel wheels have an ID code in this area. Styled wheels were introduced in 1977...this type is: D7TZ1015A

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yea I didn't read the ad closely. I saw the pic of moldings and posted what the title says. Took a second look, and I agree, they're a little cloudy.

They don't look bad in all actuality, but far from NOS...I think he was trying to cash in a little. But I believe most guys willing to drop the coin on NOS stuff will probably know the difference too. But it does look nice and straight and like it would clean up really well if you wanted to put the time and effort in to it.

AD Mark AD

He changed his ad because I explained what NOS means

I got his reply this morning.

I have a couple of complete sets of this trim in pristine shape.

I sold a complete set in 1999 with new clips for $250.00 USD plus shipping to a guy in Australia

chrome.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
They don't look bad in all actuality, but far from NOS...I think he was trying to cash in a little. But I believe most guys willing to drop the coin on NOS stuff will probably know the difference too. But it does look nice and straight and like it would clean up really well if you wanted to put the time and effort in to it.

I thought so too. I wish I could find a set like that for an 80-81 truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Depending on what kinda shape that bed is in...you could easily fetch a grand from our northern brethren.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Y'all are either asleep, confused or unaware.

This set of upper black vinyl insert mouldings are not for a Lariat, the bed mouldings are wrong.

This set is for a 1973/76 Ranger/Ranger XLT, 1977/79 Ranger.

1977 XLT's & 1978/79 XLT's & Lariats came with Race Track mouldings. The bed mouldings for Race Track mouldings have a different end to accept the vertical moulding that ties the upper mouldings to the lower.

Only the fender, door and cab corner are the same as Race Track mouldings.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts