Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Off to Dyno!!!

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
noooo im gonna stick it in a Gen 9 F150 longbed 4x4 an 600 Hp diesel in a 5000 lbs truck is gonna be fast :)

or a 2005 F250 ive always liked those :) but i dont like the 6.0

i like the 7.3 PSD or the 5.9 12V cummins!!!!!!:D

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Wow didn't even sleep hardly last night waiting to here something today. Wait the no sleep thing could have been the neighbors being here till 1 this morning playing wii with us! LOL

Didn't Gale Banks already build a 9 second diesel truck and a 200mph diesel truck?

7.7 seconds @ 180 mph

http://www.bankspower.com/racing

Sheid's diesel rail has made a 6.9 pass at 203mph.

Got a link for that 200+mph Dakota Aaron? I'd like to see that.

(Sorry to hijack, Doc)

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
HAHA I remember when gale built that thing. I was really into diesels then.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Well just got a call, and the fuel pumps are not working. Really getting on my nerves here. I had the damn thing fired the other night, and should be working. Another 300 down the drain to pull the tank and check.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I am hoping for a connection problem!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
You have to drop the tank to even get to the connections. grrr I know I had the damn thing out already

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Hell IDK I'll cross that road when I get there! LOL I think if you throw enough money at something it will fix itself! HAHAHA
My credit can't handle another of 'those' fix it jobs though!

noooo im gonna stick it in a Gen 9 F150 longbed 4x4 an 600 Hp diesel in a 5000 lbs truck is gonna be fast :)

or a 2005 F250 ive always liked those :) but i dont like the 6.0

i like the 7.3 PSD or the 5.9 12V cummins!!!!!!:D
600HP is TAME. I was at 500 on spray and a tuner only.

Yeah, but when you have 1200+ ftlbs you can move..
Again, tame. I was at 1204 on spray and a tuner only.

Todd here built a 9 second truck. It ran for 9 seconds then blew up. :D

It ran longer than 9 seconds! :p It ran for a whole 3 months!! :p Take note, it quit at the 1.8th mile and STILL BEAT a Duraturd than ran the whole 1/4. And yeah, the Duraturd drove home and I didn't. So what. I won! :rolling laugh:

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Just not my puppy tex, 1200+ ftlb's is not to uncommon for built diesels though, heck you can get close with minor upgrades....
1200hp is much more rare though, that takes a real build

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah my puller we were estimating at 1000rwhp. at the time we didn't have a dyno that would hold it. and around 2000ft lbs of torque.

Oh and no news on the pumps, hoping for the inertia switch to be tripped!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts