Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Off to Dyno!!!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hey Doc you need to tack a trip and go race Jurgen Von Strangle.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
You certainly seem to know your stuff.

If it would not be an imposition I'd like to ask your opinion about this:

http://bankspower.com/products/show/139/46

As well as this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-CL34-231-4/

My 1990 F-250 4x4 with a 460 has 190K on it. At some point the engine will need to be refreshed. Will this be a good way to increase power while still keeping near stock reliability?

Here is my thoughts on banks.

I Used to run diesels before I got this and I think while very good stuff, you are paying for the name. Your local custom muffler shop could set you up with a nice set up for prolly half the cost installed. I would look into LOCAL shops though don't go to the big box stores if you get my drift.

The cam is nice. That is the brand i would run. If you are in the motor and have the cash it is worth doing. If you are looking for major gains, you may not see it. I was only looking at a 10hp gain when I was rebuilding my engine this time so i opted for the blower route. Now, that being said, I stuck and extra 2 grand into it but I came out with 150 more horses than a cam. So I figured that justified it.

One thing too on the exhaust is to not get rid of too much back pressure. You can run a dual set up but keep an X-pipe in there if you can. gassers are not like diesels and need to have some of that back pressure to maintain good flow.

Feel free to shoot me any ?'s you have.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok, ok. I wasn't sure if we was gonna get to see a D60 swap happen or not. :rofl:

I understand where your coming from on just wanting to have it. smilieFordlogo

Its really a pain and I don't wanna have to lift it any more than it is! lOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I'd just like to see this engine do a little bit better. 175 horsepower from 7.4 liters is pretty poor.

I would be content with 250ish as long as it's in a useable rpm range. Below 3,000 would be ideal.

Having 400 horsepower at 5,000rpm does nothing for me when I'm trying to climb a logging road with a cord in the back and 3 more on a trailer.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I'd just like to see this engine do a little bit better. 175 horsepower from 7.4 liters is pretty poor.

I would be content with 250ish as long as it's in a useable rpm range. Below 3,000 would be ideal.

Having 400 horsepower at 5,000rpm does nothing for me when I'm trying to climb a logging road with a cord in the back and 3 more on a trailer.

I hear ya, and you will be suprised what a rebuild will do for it too!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Jeep wrangler from the ground up

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
thinking about doing a blown 5.4 in it too!

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Jeep wrangler from the ground up

Nice!! Should be a heck of a vehicle (especially with you building it), build thread/progress is gonna be a must.

and I am right about her having a Suburban aren't I, or did I completely make that up? 'smiliecrazy'

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
yeah a denali XL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
going? you been there boy!

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Why if you are doing a complete rebuild next spring or what ever did you just do this build? Your tuning, your fuel system, heck even your blower will not support 1k in pony power...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
HAHA cause I can! LOL You may be suprised what that little blower will handle.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Just talked to the dyno on the phone, she should be ready tomorrow.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Is it the eaton blower?
I know more than you think i do...
Been around a "few" cobra's....

With some work that blower will handle it, but you will be much happier with say a 2.3 whipple...
:)

Ford Truck Articles