Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Off to Dyno!!!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Me and Ryan were yacking about your truck, and I was wondering if your tranny can take it..?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Me and Ryan were yacking about your truck, and I was wondering if your tranny can take it..?

It should hold the 450hp that me and the guy runnin the dyno agreed on. I am ordering a new trans this spring that is rated to 1100 hp. so that should get me till I tear down the motor next winter! Then I will go all aluminum block, complete custom lower end and I should be able to put out 1000hp at the rear wheels.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
It should hold the 450hp that me and the guy runnin the dyno agreed on. I am ordering a new trans this spring that is rated to 1100 hp. so that should get me till I tear down the motor next winter! Then I will go all aluminum block, complete custom lower end and I should be able to put out 1000hp at the rear wheels.

Doc, you do know that oil topped $81 a barrel today?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Doc, you do know that oil topped $81 a barrel today?

HAHA goose you oughta know by now! You gotta pay to play! Hell I have gotten to the point that I don't even look at the price anymore. I need it and they have it. so it all works out.

But that has a little to do with the E85 switch on the truck that will be happening very shortly

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That's the type of power seen in extremely large mining equipment. Nothing on those is very lightly constructed.

Aren't you concerned about the structural integrity of your vehicle when applying that much power?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
My thoughts on the truck are...If it ain't broke fix it till it is! LOL I look at it this way. I snapped a driveshaft rockcrawling with it so I had custom ones made. I blew a plug out of the head so I had alot of motor work done to it. I really just like pissin money away on it! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That's the type of power seen in extremely large mining equipment. Nothing on those is very lightly constructed.

Aren't you concerned about the structural integrity of your vehicle when applying that much power?

In all seriousness, I honestly think they will. There are guys runnin 900hp on smaller rearends. the only thing I am really concerned about is the transfer case. I may ahve to go fully custom on it later on.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
prolly not really that well, but you have to understand that I will very seldom be doing 4X4 launches. I just want the power to say I have it more than anything! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
It is an 8.8 front though so I may be suprised

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
prolly not really that well, but you have to understand that I will very seldom be doing 4X4 launches. I just want the power to say I have it more than anything! LOL

Ok, ok. I wasn't sure if we was gonna get to see a D60 swap happen or not. :rofl:

I understand where your coming from on just wanting to have it. smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles