Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gonna pop my trucks cherry on Saturday...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It's almost 3:00pm here...but I'm gonna be nice. I know the pain and reluctancy of wheeling a nice rig...so I'm anxiously waiting to see pics...no slams here.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good call Brad...you're right. I'll give him a few more hours, cuz I know life can be busy at times. I give him til midnight, then let the ball busting begin...but I'll have to figure out where Trista keeps them first...hahaha.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
3.10 here... chris is washing his truck... he cant see it dirty orrrr he i throwing mud & snow on it to make it look like he went offroading

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Okay-- finally rolled out of bed at 1pm (should be 12pm but freakin daylight savings time :headbang: )

Route:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....903324,-120.787468&spn=0.141336,0.30899&z=12

I was pretty wiped after yesterday. We left my mom's house at around 9am, got to Georgetown at ~10am (still not high enough for snow), drove about another 10 miles and the snow hit us like a ton of bricks. EVERYONE AIR DOWN!! I wasn't carrying a fullsize spare, so not wanting to pop a bead and get stuck I only aired down to 15psi, just to be cautious. The rest of them aired down to around 10.

From there we drove 15-20 miles through thick snow (no pavement could be seen anywhere). The snow covered paved road meant that we had a nice clearing of trees all the way to Uncle Tom's Cabin, but always had at least a couple feet of snow under our tires. Got to Uncle Tom's Cabin at around 2pm and the older guys had some beers while we all sat around the fire and ate our sandwhiches, and BS'd with the Jeep guy that joined our group and TOASTED one of his u-joints on the front passenger axle shaft :rofl: He kinda deserved it cuz he was doing dumb stuff (he drove in front of my truck for a while). So he early from Uncle Toms Cabin with his Jeep buddy and made it back with 2wd (I couldn't believe he made it). Left Uncle Toms at sometime between 3 and 4pm. The ride back was a lot easier, not so many stucks because the tracks were deeper and heavier packed. Deep tracks = truck on auto-pilot :rofl:

Got back to the pavement at about 5:30-6pm and started airing back up. Something like 7 or 8 trucks and only 2 trucks with working on-board air (1 with non-working OBA) :rofl: Took about 1-2 hours to fill tires and BS with each other, then we hit the road and Me, Trista, Rick, and Jill (his gf) got back to my mom's place at around 9pm, give or take.

I had an AWESOME time. Didn't break anything (as far as I know), though I do have a clunk that I need to track down-- happens when going around sharp left turns. NEVER GOT STUCK!!! I didn't deviate too much from the tracks on the way up, wanted to take it easy on the first pass-- but I got a little more ballsie on the way back and started to plowed some of the untouched snow a bit. Almost got stuck about 3-4 times total, but I was able to carefully back out and get back on the road without a tug :) I truck did REALLY well-- both Rick and I agreed that it did a lot better than we expected :rofl:

Here's the first wave of pics (not mine)-- gonna go grab Trista's camera from my truck right now.
http://uc4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1915&sid=e74d319ddd4a01417228ec8474386524

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Glad to see you're still alive...nothing too serious but looked like alot of fun. As for the clunk...did you ever engage in 4x4 before this ride to keep everything lubed up?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Glad to see you're still alive...nothing too serious but looked like alot of fun. As for the clunk...did you ever engage in 4x4 before this ride to keep everything lubed up?
I've used 4wd before, bet never for more than a few minutes at a time. And the clunk was happening on the way home in 2wd.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've used 4wd before, bet never for more than a few minutes at a time. And the clunk was happening on the way home in 2wd.

Well I dunno what the exact problem could be, but I've heard countless times before that if the 4wd is used minimally, seals wear out/parts rust due to not being lubed...then when 4wd is engaged, it works, but then when put back into 2wd parts stick, or were broken when 4x4 was engaged. Just food for thought...not thinking too clearly right now, but after a quick nap I'll think about it more.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Kidding aside . Just because truck stays clean dose mean squat. Next snow stor m come here I'll take u 20 miles back in with snow above hood from drifts not know if on road or not and u tell me its not wheeling.

Looks like u had fun bud .

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
WOW!!!! Those tires actually touched MUD!!!!

Looks good Chris, if the X was a bit taller and had better soles I'd be all over a trip to Uncle Tom's...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
What the hell is up with this??? The hood is up!!!
Hahahah I was waiting for someone to catch that :headbang:

We were waiting for Rich to fix his overheating problem, and one of the guys went down to take a piss in the trees so we all got out and threw snowballs at him. When I got back in the truck (it had been turned off for a while) Trista says "I smell something!! I can't remember what but I know the smell!!"

I took a whiff-- coolant 'smiliedoh' Popped the hood and took a look. Bout 3.7 seconds later theres 5 bronco guys crowded around "whats the problem?!" :rofl: Turns out I was fine. Overflow tank was full and I didn't see any coolant anywhere. The smell in the cab was VERY faint. I think I might have been getting it from someone up ahead.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
WOW!!!! Those tires actually touched MUD!!!!...

What I'm more surprised about is that the A/T's actually held up and he didn't get stuck.

Looks good Chris, if the X was a bit taller and had better soles I'd be all over a trip to Uncle Tom's...

excuses, excuses...that's poser talk...haha

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
damn someone else caught the open hood before me! haha looks like fun though.

What I'm more surprised about is that the A/T's actually held up and he didn't get stuck.

excuses, excuses...that's poser talk...haha

His tires arent bad. My M/Ss havent gotten stuck... :p

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I've added pictures to the thread on the other site but here's the same set for your viewing pleasure ;)

CIMG0339.jpg

CIMG0340.jpg

CIMG0341.jpg

CIMG0342.jpg

CIMG0343.jpg

CIMG0344.jpg

CIMG0346.jpg

CIMG0347.jpg

CIMG0350.jpg

CIMG0351.jpg

CIMG0353.jpg

CIMG0355.jpg

CIMG0356.jpg

CIMG0357.jpg

CIMG0360.jpg

CIMG0363.jpg

CIMG0366.jpg

CIMG0369.jpg

CIMG0370.jpg

CIMG0377.jpg

CIMG0379.jpg

CIMG0383.jpg

CIMG0390.jpg

I've also got a video made especially for you guys ;) You'll have to wait 'til I get back to Davis cuz we're on a 5gb monthly cap at my mom's house.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
heyy cool man looks like everyone had a great time!! :) im gonna miss these things since i sold my 4x4

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts