Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally got my crewcab!!

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Looks great- I'm jealous!

It's absolutely ridiculous the kind of work you do. I'm really anxious to see this thing done.

Thank you very much Ben. I just try to do the best that I can so it will look good in the end.

Thanks to everyone else to.

I'm really happy with the final results with the paint. Total cost for materials to paint with a new gun was just under 600 bucks. I got a few bugs in it but what do you expect without having a booth. It should turn out pretty decent when done.

Last edited:
It's a 2wd if it is a 1 ton. There only rare in certain areas. The PNW is flooded with them, Illinois has very few of them.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I know of 12 or so here in PA . And I have a large driving area . Find a drivable rusted one looking at $5000 plus. and they sell.

Last edited:
It's a 2wd if it is a 1 ton. There only rare in certain areas. The PNW is flooded with them, Illinois has very few of them.

I know of 12 or so here in PA . And I have a large driving area . Find a drivable rusted one looking at $5000 plus. and they sell.

Alright. I'll stop by and look at it tomorrow. I'll take some pics to show Y'all.

I have no idea if it runs, it's been sitting for 11+ years.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.

Hey Scott...Take it from your comment you are from IL... I know where there is a 78 or 79 sitting and has been for sale and not for sale, for quite a few years now...About 20 or so miles south of me...been meaning to stop and look at it for a few yearsnow...just never seem to get it done.

Hey Scott...Take it from your comment you are from IL... I know where there is a 78 or 79 sitting and has been for sale and not for sale, for quite a few years now...About 20 or so miles south of me...been meaning to stop and look at it for a few yearsnow...just never seem to get it done.

Yes, I am in Northern IL by the Wi border. I don't think I can do another one, I kind of like being married to my wife currently. If the price is right and it in rough shape it might be good for parts. Pics if you go by it.

I am in the North Eastern tip of IL Buck.

Got some more work done today.

Attachments

• DSC03780.JPG
  • DSC03783.JPG

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
You never disappoint Scott. Awsome as usual!

Thanks guys.

Today I got the hole cut in the firewall and the A/C box fitted. I plan to pull off the booster and the A/C box and repaint the lower section of the firewall then I can reassemble the A/C system and the interior dash. I didn't have the camera but it was really pretty simple to do. I made a template out of cardboar from the parts truck and copied it over the the crews firewall. 20 minutes later with an air saw and a cutoff wheel and the hole was done. Pictures when I get back to the shop and do some more work.

Once the dash is done then I can work on finishing up the interior. I have to order the anti rattler kits/window felt in order to put the windows in. I plan to paint the headliner trim pieces the same color as the truck. Once that is done the headliner can go up and we'll see just how good that formica is going to work. I really want to see it with the carpet down and door panels on within the next two weeks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You make it sound so easy! I really like that color.

No kidding...he also makes it sound cost effective..."I'll just order this part or that part'...'there's this NOS part I'm bidding on':headbang:

In all reality I thought the A/C hole in the firewall was going to be a real pain in the arse but I was quite suprised how simple it was. I'll get some pics later today.

Ben I don't have much of an option other than to order the new window rubbers. The old stuff was dried up and cracked and that is the only thing holding me up from putting glass in and kind of buttoning up the doors.

I'm really trying to keep it on the lower end of the budget with this build. I plan on using the old XLT emblems from the Bronco and a lot of used parts from the parts truck I bought.

I also haven't been bidding on much NOS stuff lately but that might change here as work continues to get better.

Main goal is to get it all sealed up and driveable now. Additional add ons can come at a later point.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts