Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally got my crewcab!!

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
the truck is looking awesome, you do great work!

Thank you.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Wish my trucked looked half as good. Can't wait to see it all done.

Thanks Sean.

Headliners up.

dsc03984.jpg

dsc03985.jpg

And the windshield is in. I decided to also wash it for the first time today.

dsc03987.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What material is that for headliner? And is this one going to get any lift treatment?

That is black leather. It's a bit dirty from being around the shop and needs to be cleaned good. I've got a steamer as well so I'm going to try that on it to see if it will tighten it up a bit.

Lift? Good question, I really haven't decided yet. If anything I will add a spring up front to level it out and new wheels and tires are planned. Probably going to stay the height it is and run a set of 33's.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Very impressive YelloThumbUp

A leather head liner, and big piece at that. NICE.
I installed one of those map lights in my SC, Besides adding needed light
it helped hold up the headliner.

Actually that leather was cheaper than I thought. At the fabric store I think the total with the padding was only around 75 bucks. My thought exactly for the dome light to, I knew it would need something in the middle to help support it.

looks great Scott....

Thanks Bob, now get to work on yours!

Just a little update.

I got the windshield trim on. I found a set of factory Ford bedside rails I put on. I still have to pull the front doors off and drill the holes needed for running the factory speaker wiring. Once that is done I can finish up the interior. I got the rear doors aligned finally. What a pain in the *** those were. Next on the agenda is to put down some Al's liner in the bed. I'm going to color tint it to match the truck. I also need to buy a new set of wheels and tires but with the way work has been they will probably wait till next year before I spend the coin on that.

cutdsc04001.jpg

dsc03996.jpg

dsc03994.jpg

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
lookin' great ..scott

where is the 'rare'....:)... option rear window defrost going in??

still working on mine, anticipating sand blasting and por15 the frame soon

It's in Bob.

Hey did you forget a relay or something with the wiring when you sent it to me? I ran all the wires to the dash and have one plug, looks like a normal relay plug, but don't have anything to plug into it.

I don't think my book shows me the wiring wchematics for teh rear windpw defrost option. I'm going to have to take a close look at it.

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
man that was like....years ago..best I can remember....in my senior moments... is that it was lost or could not find it w/ everything else it was packaged w/ when I took it out of the s/c...I remember talking to you about it being not there and it being a common relay ...as more room becomes available it may 'pop' up as I assemble the crew...

It isn't a common relay. I tried a standard light relay and it is the wrong plug connector. Hopefully my wiring schematics will have a breakdown on it.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
It's in Bob.

Hey did you forget a relay or something with the wiring when you sent it to me? I ran all the wires to the dash and have one plug, looks like a normal relay plug, but don't have anything to plug into it.

I don't think my book shows me the wiring wchematics for the rear window defrost option.
Ask Dennis to scan and post this parts catalog pic of the rear defroster:

Illustration Section 184 .. Page 10.

The relay is basic part number 18C641.

There are two different relay's listed in the text:

D7TZ18C641A .. Back Window Heat Control Relay Assy / Obsolete

Fits F100/350: 1977 & 1978 before serial number BE0,001.
-------------------------------------------------------
D8AZ18C641A .. Back Window Heat Control Relay Assy / Obsolete

Fits F100/350: 1978 from serial number BE0,001 & 1979.

Fits all: 1978 FoMoCo Passenger Cars from 1/23/1978 / 1979 Thunderbird/LTD II/Ranchero/Cougar/Mark V.

Dennis is scanning it now

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts