Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally got my crewcab!!

The turn signal will still work everything the same way. Only difference this column will have is the lack of a shifter handle and the gear selector indicator. If it is done the way I'm thinking it is going to take someone knowing what an original manual tilt column looks like to know any different from factory.

Thanks Bob.

I got it finished last nite and did a mock up reassembly today. I didn't put the T/S switch in yet but you can get an idea of how it will look. I also only had gloss black and I don't really like it so I'm going to try to find the original color, a black metallic in a semi gloss or flat and go that way with it.

dsc03912.jpg

dsc03913.jpg

First off scrappy is all gone. I also decided to stop by the farm and load up the van seeing as how I had no takers on it.

dsc03918.jpg

I bedlined the underside of the hood a few days ago. You can see in this pic how the core support looked before.

img_0941.jpg

I also used the same bedliner spray on the cowl, what a difference.

dsc03925.jpg

I started test fitting the NOS grille shell.

dsc03921.jpg

Grille shell fits nice.
dsc03924.jpg

Got rid of the shifter handles.

dsc03928.jpg

I decided to go with some original cab lights on it.

dsc03929.jpg

And the interior, not much happened there in a while. Still a big mess yet.

dsc03927.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks good so far! What bedliner spray did you use?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Excitement would be an understatement right now. Have a projected completion date?

Nope, just working on it as time permits. I still have a few things I need to get to finish the build completely but most of it is all there waiting on me.

I'm going to need new tires and wheels but don't know when they'll be in the budget.

A little more progress. Front clip is all mounted finally. New headlight buckets will be on order shortly. I used the old ones for lining up the headlights.

dsc03937.jpg

I also got the interior cleaned out and started on the carpet and got the tilt column in. Can't even tell it used to be an automatic.

dsc03934.jpg

dsc03938.jpg

dsc03936.jpg

Should match pretty good.

dsc03940.jpg

I've also got the neighbor guy at the shop going to use one of these machines to fab me a couple of new carpet thresholds for the rear door area.

dsc03942.jpg

dsc03941.jpg

awesome build. I think i just messed my entire sock drawer

Thanks guys.

It's been a slow process but it is coming along. The only pic I have is of the front end complete. I'm going to swap out the grille for an XLT model with the chrome. I also need to finish up with the roof light install then I can get the headliner put up. I'm hoping to get that done within the next week here.

dsc03973.jpg

I was just looking back on the initial pictures and it sure has come a long way.

dsc03061.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks awesome! I'm still itching to see the final product!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Man...I gotta admit, when you first said you were going with that color, I thought you were crazy. But damn if it didn't all come together. You sure have a helluva eye for these trucks Scott.

Now I know you said this one was going to be the last build for a while, but now that it's coming close to completion, you have any other builds in mind? If you are done, I'll let you keep looking for good trucks and you can give me the 411, deal?

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
NICE!! i just read the whole thread, im very jeaous!

Thansk everyone. :)

Man...I gotta admit, when you first said you were going with that color, I thought you were crazy. But damn if it didn't all come together. You sure have a helluva eye for these trucks Scott.

Now I know you said this one was going to be the last build for a while, but now that it's coming close to completion, you have any other builds in mind? If you are done, I'll let you keep looking for good trucks and you can give me the 411, deal?

Thanks Ben. I'm done building trucks for myself. I don't think my wife would put up with another build let alone I don't know where I'd park it.

I would still look at doing trucks that I could flip without having a lot of time vested.

You find the good trucks and I'll tell you whatever I can.

Scott, what did you do with that old bumper/brush guard that came with the crew?

Btw, GREAT job :) Looks fantastic.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts