Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

E-Bay Listings... (On going)

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
haha i just got my taxes back and paid today with 4 twelve hour shifts of getting paid double time ( god love $64 dollars an hour ) on it so today was def a ebay day haha, got 4 "lift kit and few other things coming

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sure am glad my dent build isn't planned for some years down the road... but I should grab those.

I see no bids on them yet...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^My guess is it'll be upwards of $500.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
^^^My guess is it'll be upwards of $500.

That's what I woud think as well..cheap really when you consider the time and money that a bodyshop would charge to fix a dented/rusted one.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's what I woud think as well..cheap really when you consider the time and money that a bodyshop would charge to fix a dented/rusted one.

The original I had on red, had a dent right above the handle that had been bondo'd over, and a couple good sized dings on the top of the gate, the quote was $600 plus paint.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Wow, LMC has them new for $450, are they really that bad?

I'd say $500 is about right considering an original tooling one from DC is $400 The only hesitation I'd have with large body panels like that is the competence in the seller with shipping. You'd hate to get the tailgate with a bunch of dents that would need fixing and cost another $500 to get fixed. The extra time spent on shipping is extra $$$ so you know sellers want to save as much to earn as much profit. I'd probably pay DC the price of their Original tooling one because of the shipping, but that's me. I love NOS, but original tooling works. I'd really hate to ship that thing. Nice gate though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow, LMC has them new for $450, are they really that bad?

I'll just say that when I was younger, I did some LMC parts, and I have no love for them. And don't forget, NOS parts carry a might hefty premium.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I'll just say that when I was younger, I did some LMC parts, and I have no love for them. And don't forget, NOS parts carry a might hefty premium.

They do get some of their parts from DC, so the $450 tailgate might be DC's repro, but I still wouldn't go that route anyway. I'd just go with DC and that way you know what you are going to get. NOS always carries the premium because at least you know you are getting the best FORD part.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Yeah...I knew that, but I will say, a set of badges I got from LMC were DC blems...which you can buy from DC for half price...LMC charged full retail. I also got an LMC tailgate that was wrapped in DC stuff, I paid OEM tooling prices, but got the $100 china crap. You could literally tear the sheet metal above the handle. I still have the tailgate, I should take pics.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
^^^^ That sucks about paying OEM pricing on a china product. I have to wonder if LMC screwed that up and sent you the DC china gate vs their OEM one. I guess nothing you can do about it now other than using the gate as a wall ornament. Hell, cut out some tail light housings of a crappy truck someday and place them up on a wall by that gate and make up some wiring for tail lights hooked to a switch. That'd be a cool man cave wall ornament.

Sucks about the emblems too. They really are misrepresenting their product. It's really sad, but that's why there are many other places to buy from other than LMC. But there would be no way to know what there products are like unless people bought from them and then posted the results. Experiences like yours helps others. It's just too bad you are on the losing end of LMC.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts