Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

E-Bay Listings... (On going)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hey Duncan, That 460 sold for $2100.00

Had I gone to the auction I could have got the 2 ton shop crane for $50.00

I know, I never heard back from the guy

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What 460?..:confused: ...probably obvious, but enlighten me :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Damn...the $300 for the fender is on par...but the $400 for shipping is downright ridiculous.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Here's a new e-bay university course. "How to make a profit by shipping e-bay items."

Well...I've actually known folks to go that route before...but the come back to equilibrium with the selling price. I know a guy that sells movie posters, he wants $50 for them. So his buy it now price is $1, so ebay doesn't get that much from his sale. Shipping he charges $60, usually costs him $5-10, and he winds up getting the $50 he wanted. Prevents him from having to include the 'ebay tax' in his selling price, and the buyer is still paying a fair price on the whole.

Well...I've actually known folks to go that route before...but the come back to equilibrium with the selling price. I know a guy that sells movie posters, he wants $50 for them. So his buy it now price is $1, so ebay doesn't get that much from his sale. Shipping he charges $60, usually costs him $5-10, and he winds up getting the $50 he wanted. Prevents him from having to include the 'ebay tax' in his selling price, and the buyer is still paying a fair price on the whole.

Well e-bay got smart to that. They are now charging thier % on total with shipping. Just started end of last month got the e-mIL FROM THEM SAYING ABOUT HOW GOOD it would be for everybody.

John

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Interesting...surprised it took them this long though.

You wouldn't believe some of the responses I get from people when I tell them the shipping is atrocious and I want it lowered to buy the item.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts