Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

CB Radio Mounted and Wired!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
With the topper, it'd look better at the back, but without the topper, it'll look funny at the back. Probably work better at the back regardless of topper or not.

(Just my opinion of course, but one formulated from many nights trying to decide what to do on my own truck.)
Without the topper I'd probably switch to a different mount. No use havin' it stick outside of the truck for reason.

Dammit... I just realized that If I buy this mount, it'll probably make me wanna keep the topper on, in order to justify the cost and effort of getting the mount... I hate this damned thing. Maybe I'll just sell it :headbang:

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Could you possibly turn the mount so it doesn't stick out when the topper is off?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Maybe I'll just sell it :headbang:

The truck? That seems a little extreme. smilieneenar

It's like 7:00 out there, innit?...why ain't you out drinking again?

EDIT: And by 7 I think I might mean 8. [confused]

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
can you make some sort of quick-connect deal-e-o that attaches to the bumper where the holes are for hitch balls. i know yours is different, but that might look nice. it's not there when you don't need it (not wheeling), but you still have use of the CB. when you go wheeling, just screw it on.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
can you make some sort of quick-connect deal-e-o that attaches to the bumper where the holes are for hitch balls. i know yours is different, but that might look nice. it's not there when you don't need it (not wheeling), but you still have use of the CB. when you go wheeling, just screw it on.
Not a bad idea, but you're a little late Tom smilieneenar I've decided to just sell the shell. After it's sold-- I can mount it in the bed like I've wanted to from the start :)

PA is mounted and working great! I get nasty feedback when the driverside window is down... Will a noise canceling mic fix that?

View from the passenger side:
DSC01871.jpg

DSC01872.jpg

Invisible when looking from the side of the truck:
DSC01873.jpg

Get down low to the ground and...
DSC01874.jpg
What kind of car is the res one in the background? (Post 200!)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What kind of car is the res one in the background? (Post 200!)

WOW...you quoted that whole thing for one pic...hahahaha. Congrats on post 200. As for your question, I'd say a MG Midget...probably wrong though, cars and more specifically compacts, aren't my forte.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
It was my dads. He bought it in heavy disrepair for $400 and restored it from the ground up. It's got well over 10k into it now. After he passed away, my mom offered to his Rolex and his MG to my brother and I (equal value). He picked the Rolex so now the MG is mine.

It was my dads. He bought it in heavy disrepair for $400 and restored it from the ground up. It's got well over 10k into it now. After he passed away, my mom offered to his Rolex and his MG to my brother and I (equal value). He picked the Rolex so now the MG is mine.

I'd pick the MG.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'd be almost afraid to drive the MG on a regular basis. A collectors car, especially one with heavy sentimental value. Does that make you nervous when you drive it?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'd be almost afraid to drive the MG on a regular basis. A collectors car, especially one with heavy sentimental value. Does that make you nervous when you drive it?
I don't drive it very much. But no it doesn't make me nervous-- I'm very careful. I absolutely love driving it. It's a 4 cyl with a 4-speed + electronic OD-unit, stick shift. Just under 100hp :rofl:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah good call on the car Chris...that's what I woulda picked too. God forbid, something does happen to the car, you still have it, and parts can be replaced...and would still hold the sentimental value. If the watch gets stolen, well, you'd probably be SOL.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts