Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

CB Radio Mounted and Wired!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hahahahaha ya also could move your box back a couple inches and still put it on the front part. I had my old one that sat down in like that moved back 4 or 5 inches to work with the light bar and that was moved back to work with the antenna mounts.
Nah, that would mean eliminating 4-5 inches of my already limited bed space.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Decided I didn't want the antenna to stick out so far into the bed, so I modified it a little bit:

wilson1000mount.jpg

Rick also said he's gonna put some braces (triangulation) under the bracket to keep it study-- so no worries about that Junior YelloThumbUp

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Rick finally got my bracket made!! WOOO!! He made it with a CNC machine (computer controlled)

Here's project pics-- he still needs to clean up the edges and bend the square portion into a right angle. Not sure if he's still planning on adding gussets or not, it's his call as to whether or not the metal is strong enough as is. I'M EXCITED!!

bracketprogress1.jpg

bracketprogress2.jpg

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Do you even have a radio? :p

I'm not sure if Rick is willing to make more brackets out the goodness of his heart, lol! He started out trying to make this one by hand and soon ran into trouble with trying to cut such a small piece of metal (couldn't keep a hold of it). So he used the computer guided dealio (yes that's a technical term-- dealio), but apparently you have to write some kind of semi-complicated program in order to tell it what you wanna do... Then of course there's finishing and bending. He's said several times that he wishes I were paying him by the hour for this bracket :rofl2:

I actually offered and he wouldn't accept money. So I'm gonna treat him to lunch or dinner plus a beer or 5 :D

Yeah, I have a radio but I wouldn't put that one in my truck. I'd have to duplicate your setup.

I was just giving you doo doo.... Rick does superb work!

There's one of his radios on ebay for 75 brand new. (Or at least it's a Cobra night watch) What happened to Unidens, Midlands, and the Creme Dela Creme of radios Motorola?

Last edited:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Looks great Chris! Just be sure not to tear if off while your offroading... :D (BTW, think I could get on of those brackets? ;))

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts