Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

years I can use

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
You should be able to use any 84 - 87/8 truck or bronco.
I know with my 79 i've pulled some parts from hoods seats and odds and ends for trucks all the way back to 77.

Fellro

Staff member
Seats will trade from pretty much all the way to 96. Door panels will fit the door, but maybe look a bit funky newer than 86. Headliners will go til 96 I'm sure, the doors themselves wil bolt up but a few changes have to be made after 86.Front clips will swap, but only if you use the whole front clip 87-96. Boxes swap, but the flare on the body line is different. Tailgates only swap with the year box they have as in 80-82, 83-86,87-96.

Dashes are not easily interchangeable after 86. Interior wise, the dash is the same for 80-86, door panels are different 80-82 than 83-86 because of the lock knob location.You can change between them, just have to be sure to get everything to change that aspect. The rest of the trim will swap.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
You can also get SOME parts out of the 1980-1999 F600 and F700.The dash pad,and door panels are the first to come to mind.Most everything else on the dash is different.You can also use the doors,but there might be extra holes for the bigger mirrors.Cab lights on F600 and F700 trucks will also work on 80-96 light duty trucks.I know there's more,but that's all that comes to mind right now....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts